• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LOTR Collector's Gift Set Editions

Mundu

Got my first one of these which was the Two Towers one and cost me £10 inc P&P although the box and polystyrene were in bad condition but the seller has told me to get compensation from Royal Mail as it wasn't like that when he sent them off. Does anyone have any experience getting compensation from Royal Mail on DVDs?

I was also wondering if there were any cosmetic differences between the R1 and R2 gift sets or is it just the content of the DVDs?

partyweb

Distinguished Member
Mundu said:
Got my first one of these which was the Two Towers one and cost my £10 inc P&P although the box and polystyrene were in bad condition but the seller has told me to get compensation from Royal Mail as it wasn't like that when he sent them off. Does anyone have any experience getting compensation from Royal Mail on DVDs?

I was also wondering if there were any cosmetic differences between the R1 and R2 gift sets or is it just the content of the DVDs?

I've had to do this with screenselect before. You have to get a form from the post office and I think it's a simple no-hassle refund for anything under £15

When I've had things go missing when sending them back to screenselect they sent me that form to fill in and they were claiming a refund of generally £15 (as if their dvd's cost them that much. :rolleyes:)

Mundu

I found a form on the net so I'll just use that. Was your DVD completly lost as I'm not sure how valuble the Royal will think a DVD box is. :(

calibradtm

was the box packed well enough? if i was sending it i would post in a sturdy box and would pack inside with newspaper so the item could not move about.£10 seems kinda cheap if it was in such a mint condition,maybe he's using royal mail as a scapegoat? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom