LOTR (4 disc) not DVD-ROM compatible??

It's likely that it's just not compatible with your drive. Some drives and or discs are unusually fussy. I bought a new drive after a few encounters with this. It happens with players too. I'm sure i remember the matrix not playing in those Wharfedales that Tesco were knocking out last Xmas?

Screw it!!

I'lll just buy a Philips 963SA DVD player when it comes out.

A new drive is £40 and takes 5 minutes to fit. Your PJ gives best results via vga everyone says...I don't know I aint got one. Surely it's worth that to get it working. I now have a drive that seems compatible with anything, except a rented 'space cowboys' that was probably knackered. It's a panasonic slot load drive, don't think it's current any more, but someone here will be up to date to tell you what you need.

works ok on my hitachi gd-7500 with hollywood+.....

oh well...

Originally posted by MAW
A new drive is £40 and takes 5 minutes to fit. Your PJ gives best results via vga everyone says...I don't know I aint got one. Surely it's worth that to get it working.

Yes, VGA running in Wide480 mode is better than my current DVD player but the Philips 963SA is progressive scan (NTSC/PAL) and is supposed to run a PC very close in terms of picture quality.

I hate the idea of having a PC in a lounge.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom