Lost thread - so here we go again

M Baldwin

Standard Member
Hi

I have just bought KEF Q5 Speakers and need to update amp and cd player, original eqpt bought 1979 no longer up to the job!

Not up to speed with all thats on offer, so would like help.
Have read reveiws and for my £500 I thought I could get
A Rotel 04 amp and Arcam CD 73 both of which I can get for £488,but will these work well with KEFs?

Thanks
Mark.

CJROSS

Hi

I have just bought KEF Q5 Speakers and need to update amp and cd player, original eqpt bought 1979 no longer up to the job!

Not up to speed with all thats on offer, so would like help.
Have read reveiws and for my £500 I thought I could get
A Rotel 04 amp and Arcam CD 73 both of which I can get for £488,but will these work well with KEFs?

Thanks
Mark.

Primare A20 Mk II/I20/I21 - £400 - Sugden A21 - Unico - Nait 5
Sony NS-900V - £75

then add a DAC next down the line if you so wish (£100 Beresford or the new CA DACmagic for £200 looks a real bargain), but that system above would be a great way to spend £475 IMHO. Concentrate on getting the best from the speaker you have than the "source" small changes in digital sources to me below £500 ie CD wise. Ive owned the Beresford before and would have that over a £300-500 CDP any day. Much better VFM ratio IMHO.

Cable Monkey

The kit you suggest are both well regarded and should be fine. CJ's suggestion about second hand kit will get you a lot more for your money potentially but without the security of a guarantee. The only thing I would advise is that you listen before you buy, even if it means taking the kit to your speakers or visa versa.;)

I personally would see what Cambridge Audio have to offer in your price bracket too.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom