Lost signal between TV's?

sparkee

Standard Member
Hi, I have a problem I'm needing help with.

Two friends next door to each other and I've installed the same aerials, cable, booster and tv's. One house works perfect but the other doesn't like a new Samsung tv.
Both have older Samsung tv in livingroom, LG in kitchen and a new Samsung in bedroom.
House one is perfect but house two the bedroom tv doesn't pick up the signal. I've tried the LG in the bedroom and all is ok, I've swapped over the newer Samsungs but no joy but both tv's work in house one. The Samsung won't work in the kitchen either.
I even brought down my new Samsung tv from my house and nothing. Aeriel signal is great according to the meter and the other tv's are good pictures..
I tried connecting the tv into the attic direct to the aeriel but nothing. I'm ripping out my hair, any suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Alan.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Breaks in cables? Shorts/partial shorts on cables?

The signal may be (just) below the threshold needed for that model TV to work reliably. The aerial might need relocation to get a stronger signal?

Too strong a signal may result in overload and signal distortion = degraded quality which can seem like poor signal?

Need to know:
Location of dwellings (how close to transmitter).
Type (make & model) and location of aerial in use.
Type and model of 'booster' and its location.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom