• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lost Serie I Okish, what about serie II?

gm0x45

Standard Member
Well I decided to give a go and I watched Lost. Slow start but the latest episodes were better...but of course, spoiler alert, the last episode does not really answer everything. Does the serie 2 help much? I got the feeling, because the series are successful, they are going to stretch it with stories making less and less sense. Is it what's happening, and does it go somewhere?

Thanks

Gilles

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Season 2 answers some questions, but poses many more and long may it continue:)

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Yeah they orignally had 3 seasons planned, but because it was so successful they are streching it to 5 seasons.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
I found season 2 to be very slow, until like the last 6 episodes. I did watch it weekly though, so it may be better to get the boxset and watch them back to back over a week or so. I'll be watching season 3, but would much rather watch 24 season 6, prison break season 2, the wire season 4 and the shield season 6 ahead of it (I love my american tv shows).

gm0x45

Standard Member
can't wait 24 Season 5 after all the good I have heard about it. At least that's a real Jack.

Jamesy_UK

Going with Craigy boy here, first couple expisodes well paced then it just turns into an almost pointless snail for about 16 episodes then comes to life again for final 5-6 episodes and you actually get some feeling of the show moving on.

krish

Distinguished Member
Singh400 said:
Yeah they orignally had 3 seasons planned, but because it was so successful they are streching it to 5 seasons.
There's no stretching; I recall right from the beginning that JJ Abrams and co-creators said it was was a 5 season arc, and a recent interview with Damon Lindelof mentions:
Lost was intended to be a 4-5 season arc ending with a feature length movie. Damon Lindelof said that they are still planning on sticking to that plan but it's hard because the show is a hit now. But they don't want the show to end up like the X-files. They don't want to finish that main story line in season five and then have to "tap dance" for two seasons because the network doesn't want the show to end. He mentioned that when that time comes they may have to consider walking from the show.

krish

Distinguished Member
FYI... (from Wikipedia)

Discredited theories

At the heart of the series is a complex and cryptic storyline, spawning numerous unresolved questions. Encouraged by Lost's writers and stars— who often interact with fans both online and in person— viewers and TV critics alike have taken to rampant theorization in an attempt to unravel the mysteries. Such theories mainly concern the nature of the island; the origins of the "security system" and the "Others"; the meaning of the numbers; and the reasons for both the crash and the survival of some passengers. Several of the more common fan theories have been discussed and refuted by the show's creators:

* The survivors are dead and/or in Purgatory — dismissed by J. J. Abrams
* The survivors are in a time warp — dismissed by Damon Lindelof
* Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island — dismissed by Damon Lindelof
* Everything seen is a fictional reality taking place in one or more of the survivors' minds — dismissed by Damon Lindelof
* The island is a reality TV show and the castaways unwitting housemates — dismissed by Carlton Cuse
* The "black smoke" is a nanobot cloud similar to the one featured in Michael Crichton's novel Prey — dismissed by Damon Lindelof

Will18

Standard Member
Just finished up season 2, only had the last 8 episodes to watch, not planning on a marathon, Sunday at about 9.30 I sat down to watch it ep.17, next thing I knew it was 4.15am and me being gutted that the season had ended. Roll on Season 3

ape1

I liked lost the first season but found this second one abit slow, had recorded the last 7 programmes to watch at some point but then found out that there was going to be another 3 more seasons, decided that there is no way Im going to watch another 3 years of this programme so deleted them..gone on far too long for my liking

bluevortex

ape1 said:
I liked lost the first season but found this second one abit slow, had recorded the last 7 programmes to watch at some point but then found out that there was going to be another 3 more seasons, decided that there is no way Im going to watch another 3 years of this programme so deleted them..gone on far too long for my liking

How's that? Im glad there is 5 seasons planned. Its one of the better TV series to come out in recent years and im lovin it. The only thing that annoys me is the 4min ad breaks on E4.

I had made my mind up that that there was an alien explanation. Has this really been dismissed? Does anybody know what episode channel 4 is up to and when we can expect season 3 over here?

Blue

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I watched Season 1 on dvd and enjoyed it immensley, and started watching season 2 on E4. However I gave up after 6 or so episodes, as it really started to drag and IMHO got 'lost in itself'. I felt it was plodding without giving real rushes like (say 24).
However -
After reading up on some of the comments here though I probably will get it when it drops in price in the US web sites and give it another chance.

I think part of my problem is that I hate waiting a week until the next episode.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I am really enjoying S2 of lost, i cant quite understand the bad comments. Its got Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia in it :cool: , and also the character stories are more interesting, and we are getting to know more about them, we get to meet the others, etc. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Anamich.jpg
    Anamich.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 38

krish

Distinguished Member
raigraphixs said:
...Its got Michelle Rodriguez as Ana-Lucia in it :cool:
yup, though she's the character/actress who's annoyed most viewers ever since she debuted as a gobby bint in Jack's aiport flashback last season; and has been repeatedly in trouble for hit and run and DUI in her personal life

mattym

Banned
season 2 picked right up nicely, really got a head of steam up.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom