1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost remote for Marantz SR4300!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mattsimis, Aug 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just purchased a SR4300 from a friend. At the time he didnt have the remote and was sure he could find it. However, he moved house and it doesnt look too likely he will be able to source it.

From looking at the manual, it appears the remote is required for setting up the speakers (eg add rear centre and sub), changing modes (turning Nighttime *off* for one) and various other functions.. :(

I really like the SR4300 (and got it at a good price), anyone have a remote they want to sell or know where I could get one?

Matt

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    If I were you, I'd buy a new remote, the Marantz RC1400 will work nicely with the SR4300, and it has a learning functionality too. It is a much better remote than the one that comes with the SR4300.

I got one bundled with my SR7400, and it is a great little unit.

http://www.avland.co.uk/marantz/rc1400/rc-1400.htm

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,222
    Second that; It is a great learning remote with all Marantz gear (except the SA-1, CD-7 and SC-7) pre programmed in it :thumbsup: You might want to see if a Marantz RC500 or Pronto is floating around the classifieds

4. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Ive just won an auction on ebay for a Marantz RC3200, only $75 plus shipping. It seems quite nice. Wonder does it have all the functionality of the original remote pre-programmed however?

Matt

5. SurferDude

SurferDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like Kazman, I got the RC-1400 remote with my SR-7400 receiver. I must admit though that I haven't read much of the manual yet so don't know how to leverage the fact that its a "learning" remote. As far as I can tell it ain't learnt nothin' yet. This sounds like goochy cool functionality and if you can spare the 30 seconds to post a reply I'd appreciate the heads up on what to do / what to expect.

:) I've been trying to teach it to turn on my Bohemian Rhapsody at 6pm to greet me as I come home, and to never ever under any circumstances play a DVD with Tom Cruise in it, but so far no luck ;)

Cheers,