Lost Recept for Xbox and now.......

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As title says I have lost the recept for my beloved 360 !! I got it from Tesco just be for Xmas 06 so only 5 months old (its a premium) . It started freezing up now and again but turned it on this morning and it now has the 3 red lights and it wont do a thing !!!

I know there are lots of threads and sticks already up about this problem and i have read them so please dont redirect me to other posts !!

In all the other posts i have not come accross anyone who has lost there recept !! Do i have a leg to stand on with Tesco at all ? I have spoken to Tesco customer service and was told they can do nothing without a recept :mad:

What really buggs me is i cant even watch my HD movies as my Xbox360 HD-DVD player will not work without the 360 working:mad:

So my Question to you is this..... What can i do, if anything ? :lease:

Regards Si

How did you pay for it?

If you used credit/debit card you could look through old bank statements, or if you don't have them contact your bank/cc company and ask them for copies which will prove your purchase.

If it was cash could be tough to prove though.

hth

Toko

Well if the manufacture date is within the last 12 months then surely microsoft would help you out anyway, proves it's still within the 12 month warranty period. Did you register the console at all with MS?

How did you pay for it?

If you used credit/debit card you could look through old bank statements, or if you don't have them contact your bank/cc company and ask them for copies which will prove your purchase.

If it was cash could be tough to prove though.

hth

Toko
It was the latter mate :( I payed cash, i am so gutted and fed up :mad: Really dont know what to do now !! I may still take it back to tesco and just say i got it from them 5 months ago and it has broken. Then get them to send it to microsoft for a repair and see IF i get a free repair or have to fork out for it !!

The sticky at the top of this forum says that i can return it to my retailer for a repair to be done and that sometimes Microsoft are repairing for free !!
I know i cant prove a sale date without recept, but i also know that 5 months is NOT acceptable for the xbox to fail :mad:

Well if the manufacture date is within the last 12 months then surely microsoft would help you out anyway, proves it's still within the 12 month warranty period. Did you register the console at all with MS?
Andy , like a muppet i did not register it with microsoft :mad: But i have just looked at the back of the xbox and the build date is 2006-08-01 So it is under a year old

What really buggs me is i cant even watch my HD movies as my Xbox360 HD-DVD player will not work without the 360 working:mad:

Do you have a PC? If so plug it into there and you should be fine.

Well if it was only manufactured in August then you can't have had it for 12 months so MS will have to sort it out for you. Give the MS support number a ring and explain you've lost your receipt, I don't think you'll have a problem

Do you have a PC? If so plug it into there and you should be fine.
WOW i did not know that the HD-dvd drive worked via a pc !! well at least its a short term fix for movie watching, Thanx Olly.

Well if it was only manufactured in August then you can't have had it for 12 months so MS will have to sort it out for you
Yep, so looks like i will return it to Microsoft for a fix !! Does this FIX from micro soft totally cure the fault ? So it wont happen again ?

As Andy suggested, if you have no luck with Tesco, contact MS customer services and explain your situation. They can tally the serial No. and manufacture date and hopefully get it sorted for you.

Good luck.

Toko

As Andy suggested, if you have no luck with Tesco, contact MS customer services and explain your situation. They can tally the serial No. and manufacture date and hopefully get it sorted for you.

Good luck.

Toko
Thanx Toko

Do i have to cover the postage cost to Microsoft ? Or after i have got in touch with Microsoft customer services do they send me out a returns postage thingy ?

They pay for all the postage, might be worth asking for them to send you a new console and youll return your broken one to them with same courier as its only 6 months old,
thats what my brother did anyways courier had new xbox in box for him and the courier used the same box to take his old xbox away
hope this help
eddie

Yep, so looks like i will return it to Microsoft for a fix !! Does this FIX from micro soft totally cure the fault ? So it wont happen again ?

You'll get a fully working 360 back and, afaik, a new 12 month warranty too, just remember to register it;)

Loads of info for the HD-drive through a PC here

Toko

my friends 360 was about a month out of warranty, and it was not registered.

Phoned up microsoft, and it was replaced :thumbsup:

they dont ask for proof of purchase just the serial number found at the back of your xbox

:smashin: on a lighter note did u use a tesco clubcard surely that would be on your clubcard statement just a thought m8 hope u get it sorted :smashin:

They pay for all the postage, might be worth asking for them to send you a new console and youll return your broken one to them with same courier as its only 6 months old,
thats what my brother did anyways courier had new xbox in box for him and the courier used the same box to take his old xbox away
hope this help
eddie
eddie, as my xbox is a premium console do i keep my HD and controller and so on, just send Microsoft the actual console and nothing else ?

i would just send the machine itself as my hard drive has all credit card and what not data on it imo just send the machine dont know what the others think

Guys please refrain from opening new threads - by rights I should be closing this - not because it's not a legitimate question, but it should really be in the FAQ thread. I'll leave it open for now, but please ask questions in threads that are already open.

This is a request from your fellow members, not just us mods!

Thanks,
Munkey

Guys please refrain from opening new threads - by rights I should be closing this - not because it's not a legitimate question, but it should really be in the FAQ thread. I'll leave it open for now, but please ask questions in threads that are already open.

This is a request from your fellow members, not just us mods!

Thanks,
Munkey
Munkey, I am Sorry. But i did read through other threads about the problem with the red lights !! However this thread i started was to ask about how i get it fixed without having a recept for the xbox !! :eek: And to be honest i have only receved good help from all the forum members that have replyed (thanx to you all)

The thread is only asking about my problem with lak of recept !!

Regards Si

Right well just an update from me, I have just got off the phone with Microsoft and they are going to pick up the console and repair it then return it to me within 15 working days. Thank god its getting sorted :thumbsup: I did ask if i would be getting a colsole off the pickup driver as a swap (my dead one for a new one) but was told NO :( So for about 3 to 4 weeks i will be without my beloved Xbox360 !! :mad:

Thankyou all for your input and help today as without it i would still be crying !! Thankyou :smashin:

Regards Si

Woohoo! Result:smashin:

3-4 weeks will soon pass mate. With weather like this who needs a 360 anyway?

Right, I'm off for a monster session on R6 Vegas - oops, cough - I mean I 'm off to drag out the BBQ and poison a few close family members:devil: :D

Toko

UPDATE................

Well i have just got in from work and have a big parcel here for me !! My XBOX360 has been returned :D

Microsoft did say 15 working days but they have returned it to me in 7 working days, so i have to wait no more:smashin:

I opened up the box to find a letter from MS saying that my XBOX has been completly replaced !! NO fix just a spanking new XBOX with another full years warrenty, all good so far, build date on the new consol is 9/06 so still last years model:( but saying that it does seem quieter than my old busted 360 :rolleyes:

They have also sent me a card with a month of GOLD xbox live !!

So now that i have a new 360 what are the odds that this goes the same way as my last one :mad: I will be counting the days now just to see how long it lasts.................

Anyone else had a new XBOX360 returned to them instead of a fix on there old consol ?

Regards Si

just a spanking new XBOX with another full years warrenty

Is that standard MS procedure do you know? IE do they always provide a new warranty on the 360s they send back?

My dead 360 got picked up today so I would like to think that the repair / refurb / replacement I get will have a new warranty rather than just the 3 or 4 months I have left on my existing one.

Anyway, good to hear you got things sorted ;)

Is that standard MS procedure do you know? IE do they always provide a new warranty on the 360s they send back?

My dead 360 got picked up today so I would like to think that the repair / refurb / replacement I get will have a new warranty rather than just the 3 or 4 months I have left on my existing one.

Anyway, good to hear you got things sorted ;)
Thanx Lee,
My letter from MS reads.....We will cancel the old registration on the broken consol. We will inform warrenty registration that you have receved a new consol and for a new warrenty to start.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom