1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOST Premiers 10th August Channel 4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by KableMan, Jul 17, 2005.

1. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Just in case you don't know LOST, the mega hit TV show from the US, starts on Channel 4 on the 10th of August in the same slot as desperate housewives and episode 2 follows on E4.

This show is fantastic - one of the best new and original TV shows i've seen in a long while. Without giving too much away it is the story of the survivors of a plane crash who find themselves lost on a remote island and their relationships and secrets as they wait for rescue. Lots of interesting characters, plot twists, suspense and mystery - 25 episodes of MUST SEE TV :smashin: Enjoy :thumbsup:

Cheers
    KableMan

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    looking forward to this very much - but going to buy thr R1 in september :D or might pick it up in october when i'm accross the pond.

Gary

3. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Well worth it - I might buy it on DVD too as my wife and I love it. I've never bought a TV show on DVD before but I think this show is more than worthy :smashin: Plus its the kind of show that you can watch again and spot new clues to all the secrets... :D

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i watch tv boxsets in days :D in fact i dont watch tv on tv anymore - only on dvd :D (4th Annual 24 weekend is only 3 weeks away :clap: )

Gary

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    :hiya:

Lost is truely a treat. Miss at your peril :eek:

:D

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Watched all of this in four days and its superb - best show (for me) since Buffy

7. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Another :thumbsup: for Lost from me.

Downloaded them all at the start of the year. A real treat of a programme!

8. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see its showing late at night which means uncut, was worried they would show it on the sunday afternoon slot where they show Smallville ( and cut it to shreds )

9. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,169
    Lost, 4400, Taken, do these shows all have a similar premise? Does one shine over the others or are they all significantly different to not matter?

10. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    They all have their own special merits. Each one is essential viewing. :thumbsup:

11. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'm looking forward to Lost, as this thread is one of several to "big up" the show.

But as for 4400 and Taken.............Weeeell, I'm going to give the next seasons a miss, tried watching the first couple of Taken and couldn't get into it and 4400 was like Battlestar Galactica in that I started losing interest in it about a third of the way through and then gave and started cataloging my belly button fluff instead.

12. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Taken and the 4400 are rubbish. Lost is fantastic.

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Shame on you :nono:

14. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

LOL..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It's amazing how it all gathers in there. I was going to start a collection to lag my roof. :D

The 4400 does get better. :smashin:

15. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Razor - Quality Police on line 1!!

I've got to agree with Games Guru and as he's a Villa fan thats hard for me to do ;) well at least half agree with him :smashin:

The 4400: i saw nothing in this show to keep me engaged, it offered me nothing new. Now i'm not saying that it wont amount to something in the future, it might well do. and good luck to it. I think i'm the target demographic and i didn't really gel with it. While i was watching a Red head named Diana and the bloke from Taken running around looking for go knows what - i was thinking "why dont I watch my expensive X-Files boxsets instead" :D

Taken: to be fair, was never meant to be year on year thing like other shows, it was just a stand alone 10 episode deal. It wasn't bad i quite enjoyed it while it lasted. But i moved the DVD on within days of watching. But it was alright :smashin:

Gary

And a quick "sorry" to Kableman for hijacking the thread

16. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Gary :hiya:
    Det. Frank Drebin would of been proud of me :D

My x-files boxsets cost me around £900 most of them got collared for stamp duty. It was worth every penny. I have re-watched them so many times. I always take a few away on my holidays to watch on the plane or in the Hotel room. :thumbsup:

There is talk of a new X-files movie, I don't know how true this is. :clap:

:D

17. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The 4400 does go from strength to strength - I had my doubts at first but the theme tune and opening credits alone kept me coming back :D and then it started to get interesting especially when the end of season secret was revealed and season two has carried on and is quickly becoming addictive viewing. Also along the way they are laying the foundations for some very enticing story arcs... I'm off now to watch episode six :thumbsup:

Oh before I go... I must say though that LOST is in a league of its own. It really stands out as something extra special and the secrets it holds are tantalizing and just when you think you know someone you learn something new that starts a fresh mystery. The acting, drama and depth to the story far out strips any other sci-fi/fantasy show I've seen in a long time :cool: I think the difference is that it is a real drama spiced up with just the right amount of fantasy rather than the other way around. It leaves you desperately wanting more that's for sure - I cannot wait for season two - I need to watch it now!! :eek:

There you go - thread back on course :smashin:

Cheers
    KableMan

18. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Saw a trailer for this at the cinema and thought, ooh that could be good!

and on the strength of this thread i'll set my Sky+ as soon as its available on the EPG.

Good to see Channel 4 spending their money wisely, instead of financing more reality cr@p!

Rob

19. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Razor,

It's true! The second movie is due out in 2007 at the earliest. It's been provisionally entitled: "The X-Files 2 - The Invasion". Production is still going on, and filming is hoped to begin later this year, although 20th Century Fox are refusing to confirm or deny this - in typical X-Files style! David Duchovny has signed to star as Mulder, and ditto for Gillian Anderson, who will reprise her role of Scully. Other cast members include Robert Patrick as Agent John Doggett and Annabeth Gish as Agent Monica Reyes.

Frank Spotnitz and Chris Carter are likely to share writing, production and director roles.

Duchovny has been quoted as saying: "It's definitely happening. Chris (Carter - the creator of the show/movies) has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so.I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it." :)

The film is going to be designed to be a stand-alone movie, and not part of the series' overall conspiracy-arc. Hence, no mysterious black oil. No sign of the Alien Bounty Hunter (played by very tall, bear-like actor Brian Thompson), nor any of the Cigarette Smoking Man's henchmen! I hope that whets your appetite! ;)

Pooch

20. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Pooch :hiya:

Wet my appetite.... I've wet my pants..... :rolleyes: :oops: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't wait to see this movie. Thanks for all the info. You've made my day.

Nice to see the original crew back on board. I am hoping that the x-files ends up like the star trek movies in that the continue to make the movies even though the series has finished. Its a shame that David and Gillian decieded to chase their movie carrea's instead of stickig to the x-files series as they haven't done too well in this area.

Roll on 2007......... :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D