Lost Planet - Preview thread

Thekop

Established Member
Reaction score
I've downloaded it and i think it's pretty good.. Has anyone else played it ? :thumbsup:

I thought it was very atmospheric and the animation on the big creatures was impressive, but as a game I found it fairly dull.

When this first came out people were wetting thier pants over it, I thought it was very dull gameplay wise, Just goes to show people are suckers for fancy graphics, Many a good game gameplay wise has been slated on here for a graphics glitch :rolleyes:

it plays like that 4000 year old duck shoot game.

It reminds me of Jet Force Jemini on the N64. Some nice graphical effects...
Not sure I'll buy it though.... Then again not much floats my boat on the 360 at the moment..... :)

Anotherlimey said:
When this first came out people were wetting thier pants over it, I thought it was very dull gameplay wise, Just goes to show people are suckers for fancy graphics, Many a good game gameplay wise has been slated on here for a graphics glitch :rolleyes:
Did you play the second level? If not, do so, then return and say sorry. :smashin:

I thought it was great and will be picking it up when it gets released. Kind of reminds me of an Anime called Blue Gender.

Anotherlimey said:
I wont be coming back to say sorry :rolleyes: Ive played the demo in its entirety :thumbsdow
The second level was pretty fast paced and had a lot going on, not just fancy visuals.

Im not saying its a crap game, I just personaly dont like it, Much like ninty nine nights its just not my cup of tea.

Anotherlimey said:
Im not saying its a crap game, I just personaly dont like it, Much like ninty nine nights its just not my cup of tea.
You pretty much did:

"I thought it was very dull gameplay wise, Just goes to show people are suckers for fancy graphics"

Just played the demo, thought it was good, not too complicated to control which is what i like. Not too keen when there are too many button combinations etc.

Some great footage of Lost Planet in Multiplayer mode here. Looks amazing!:)

Like a few others here, I wasn't too keen on the demo, either of the levels. However if it does support 32 players online, that does sound promising.

Must admit I loved the looks(as in the setting/style) of this game & couldn't wait to play the demo, hopefully by the time it gets released it'll be alot better.

I thought the graphics and atmospherics were excellent, the genre of game really appeals to me too. I juts thought it felt a bit lacking in any real gameplay. Dead rising seemed better.

Sy1441 said:
I thought the graphics and atmospherics were excellent, the genre of game really appeals to me too. I juts thought it felt a bit lacking in any real gameplay. Dead rising seemed better.
Agree, it was really atmospheric, i can see why some people don't like it, it is a bit shoot shoot shoot if you know what i mean, wheras in graw you would need to think abit more, (i'm useless at graw) :thumbsup:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere here, but there is a TGS trailer up at www.xboxyde.com/news_3485_en.html. I guess it'll be released over live soon. It looks totally amazing, both single and multiplayer :eek:

I'll be going back and playing the awesome demo again :thumbsup:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere here, but there is a TGS trailer up at www.xboxyde.com/news_3485_en.html. I guess it'll be released over live soon. It looks totally amazing, both single and multiplayer :eek:

I'll be going back and playing the awesome demo again :thumbsup:

I can't wait to try the multiplayer, 32 players i think. :thumbsup:

An extended trailer has been up on the live marketplace for a few days now. Looks really amazing in HD. An online mutliplayer demo is coming this winter :thumbsup: :clap:

I really enjoyed the demo. Yes, you do a lot of shooting, but erm, it's a game where you shoot things :).

I'm sure we'll see a lot more variety with weapons and enemies, don't forget the demo we got was very early, the actual game isn't out until early 2007, so there is probably a LOT more added to the game.

Battles on foot, big weapons, mech battles, big huge alien bosses......ahhhhh, brings back old school memories :) Heck, one can pick up and use a Mechs gattling gun, surely it's worth the purchase to be able to do that? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom