Lost pensions ....

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I'm in the process of finding my old pensions from various employers from years ago, so far I've tracked 2 down, one with a transfer value of £37k and one with £25k, I didn't even know I had the larger one at all !!!.
For what effort it's took its well worth having ago to see what you can find.
Those two were only paid into for about 3 years about 30 years ago.
I have another two that I'm waiting to hear about.
I know it's not a fortune in terms of a pot but will worth finding out as I'm looking to consolidate into one pension pot .....

how do you find them..?

I worked for Courtaulds in the 1980s and left before a certain date (can't remember the date exactly) but because I left before a certain date, my pension was just scrapped. Nobody even has a record of it any more.

How do you lose them? :D

A good question ! I have three frozen pensions from previous employment but still receive annual statements on the pension pot and my personnel stake in such.

Even had a letter from my first ( 18yrs) a few years back wanting to offer me a great deal and bonus for leaving the plan . That was until the FSA told them they were being very naughty in doing so :D.

I worked for Courtaulds in the 1980s and left before a certain date (can't remember the date exactly) but because I left before a certain date, my pension was just scrapped. Nobody even has a record of it any more.

I don’t think that a pension can just be scrapped, especially if you had investments in it! Do,some research, it’s your money.

I don’t think that a pension can just be scrapped, especially if you had investments in it! Do,some research, it’s your money.

Indeed that's what I thought but when I finally traced down the company that now manages the schemes from Courtaulds knitwear division they told me that if you left before a certain date the pensions were scrapped. I can't remember the fancy word they used for it but when I asked for confirmation that there was nothing for me they confirmed it. They had no record of me on their system.

Normally if you left the company before 2 years in the scheme, you got a refund of your contributions, and no deferred pension.

I've finally found out that I have a £250k pension pot , not massive I agree , but a hell of a lot better off than I thought I was :smashin:

I've finally found out that I have a £250k pension pot , not massive I agree , but a hell of a lot better off than I thought I was :smashin:

Many times more than what I’ve got. I’ll swap mine for yours ;) :D

Just wish I was 5 years older and I could get 25% to pay off my house with !!!

I’m 57 so just taking my 25%, I should get it next week. Mind you my 25% is only about 18K so I’d better go careful with it! I did pay my mortgage off about 10 years ago though so that’s one thing in my favour

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom