Lost Paddy!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ronan1, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    :hiya:

I am a forum virgin and need some helpful advice. I am considering a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's as the front speakers on my new system. My room is 12 foot by 14 and I have a Denon 1604 amp, Wharfedale 8 centre and the new SW 150 sub. I need fronts to replace my mediocre Jamo E430's and my old modus 3's from Wharfedale at the back.

I cant find anything on the 8.4 floorstanders in the English mags. I would consider these over the 9.1's at the front if I could get a review on them but all I can find is 8.1 up to 8.3. Would the new 9.1's on a decent stand and maybe bipole on the rears be a good choice over floorstanders. I only want it for movies as I have a different system for music and I am on a tight budget.

9.1's are only 160 euro here and the Bipole are even less. 8.4's are about 270 euro.

Last thing, I promise!

I missed What Hi Fi Sound & Visions November 2004 edition and cannot get a back order (checked today, all gone). I really need the article on the budget Wharfedale 9 pack for £499 and somewhere in that same issue is another review on a wharfedale speaker package, somewhere near the start.

If anyone out there has this edition and could copy it to my e-mail address somehow I would be really grateful as it would help me out a lot and I cant find the review on any website, anywhere. Thank you in advance, Ronan

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    Send me your email addy Ronan - I have that mag in work.
    Mark

3. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hi Mark,

You are a life saver, thanks a million. Its [email protected]. There was something in the first look section about a wharfedale set too I think. Cant wait to get the post! Ronan

4. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    there is an underline between the morgan and the ronan but you cant see it on the post Mark. Thanks