1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Paddy!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ronan1, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya:

I am a forum virgin and need some helpful advice. I am considering a pair of Wharfedale 9.1's as the front speakers on my new system. My room is 12 foot by 14 and I have a Denon 1604 amp, Wharfedale 8 centre and the new SW 150 sub. I need fronts to replace my mediocre Jamo E430's and my old modus 3's from Wharfedale at the back.

I cant find anything on the 8.4 floorstanders in the English mags. I would consider these over the 9.1's at the front if I could get a review on them but all I can find is 8.1 up to 8.3. Would the new 9.1's on a decent stand and maybe bipole on the rears be a good choice over floorstanders. I only want it for movies as I have a different system for music and I am on a tight budget.

9.1's are only 160 euro here and the Bipole are even less. 8.4's are about 270 euro.

Last thing, I promise!

I missed What Hi Fi Sound & Visions November 2004 edition and cannot get a back order (checked today, all gone). I really need the article on the budget Wharfedale 9 pack for £499 and somewhere in that same issue is another review on a wharfedale speaker package, somewhere near the start.

If anyone out there has this edition and could copy it to my e-mail address somehow I would be really grateful as it would help me out a lot and I cant find the review on any website, anywhere. Thank you in advance, Ronan

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    Send me your email addy Ronan - I have that mag in work.
    Mark

3. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi Mark,

You are a life saver, thanks a million. Its morgan_ronan@hotmail.com. There was something in the first look section about a wharfedale set too I think. Cant wait to get the post! Ronan

4. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    there is an underline between the morgan and the ronan but you cant see it on the post Mark. Thanks