1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost OSD/Menu gfx-Toshiba rear projector

Discussion in 'TVs' started by AndrewGroves, Jun 21, 2005.

1. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: :confused: Hi I have a strange problem with a rear projection Toshiba 40WH08.
    The menu graphics have gone and I can find no way of getting them back.
    This happened after going into service mode, and F 7 convergence, I tilted my head to look up and there was no menu info etc.
    Turned it off, back on, still not there. :oops:
    I have a feeling this could be a very rare problem as I can find no mention of it anywhere online?
    It is just the graphics which have gone as pressing menu and following the motions for say - convergence, brings up the RGB cross*
    *Primary problem, convergence: no horizontal movement blue.
    I wonder if I have changed a setting by accident?
    Or could I "feel" my way back into the menu and turn OSD back on?
    Andrew Groves
    :rolleyes:

2. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Now the sound has gone too,
    this is not a wind-up it really has gone.
    It did this after replacing the front panel after adjusting the screen + focus of the blue tube.
    :hiya:

3. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sound came back,
    I'll just go and watch it with a pair of 3D glasses from my Jaws III Video box

"He don't sleep in, he don't live in! You tell Shelby Overman for me he can take a flying leap in a rolling doughnut magnet on the tube neck to sort the convergence out!"

4. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where I'd get an instuction manual for the 40Wh?
    I tried toshiba's site but the manual section was offline for some reason?
    If I could get this, I'd rest my case!!!! :clap:

5. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Wondering if the OSD has been moved to an area off the screen. If I remember correctly there is a option of where the OSD is displayed. Dont think toshiba let us download their service manuals unfortunately, have been after one for 42 Wh36 & 57 Wh36

6. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scooby Do
    Nah mate, not got a problem with the service manuals there is a site out there which lets you download the service manuals for nearly every modern electrical product for free.
    I have the service manual as a PDF for the 40wh,
    I reckon you would get one for the 42 & 57 no problem, though you might not need them now.
    I can give you more "clues" as to the address of the site. :smashin:
    There are sites out there which will sell you same manuals
    Let's face it who's going to hand over their credit card details to Russian or Chinese website for a $6/£3 PDF file.
    You might as well tell your bank to let the Yakuza, Russian Mafia and the Triads raid the account :hiya:
    It was actually the user manual I needed, it said on the Toshiba site that they could be downloaded, but it was down.
    I hear what you're saying about the OSD being "off the screen", that sounds like a possibility.
    The Toshiba site will be back sometime, I'm sure :rolleyes:

7. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    go on then give us a "clue". I have read your other post and reckon you have a board gone down somewhere. Seeing that you cannot move the blue convergence.

8. AndrewGroves

AndrewGroves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay for the service manuals and/or schematics type these three little words into Google "file share eshop" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky"

Under
    "Search service manuals database"
    In the "Enter" box, type the model number

I checked your 42 and 57 could only get a 42WH18, no sure if this would be similar?

You could try the repair tips section as after having a quick look I can see there's over a thousand tips. I even saw one for reseting a Toshiba TV to first install settings.

Re: 40Wh blue convergenge
    I've not spent any serious time around the porblematic areas, but yes it would be a 99% chance that the problem does lie with the convergence board.
    Andrew

9. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah found that site before and unfortunately as you say no manual for my chassis. My search continues.....