1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my contrastcontrol on Cine-7?!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kris, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up my "new" used Cine-7 and everything looks nice except for the contrast. Even though I press the contrast +/- button on the remote and i see the contrastbar going from 0 - 100 on the screen the projector contrast seem to be 0 anyway. Any one of you BarcoGurus got any clues??

//Kris

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Could be a number of things. My first instinct would be a damaged contoller I had this once.
    Open up the projector and check all the yellow connector leads to the contoller board are seated correcly. (controller is the one on the inside of the bonnet at the top as you lift it.
    Check that your G2 setting have been set using the led inside the projector.
    If you are using the Limo pro board set the contrast enhancement back to "1" (never use it higher than that any how or the noise on screen will be unbarable.
    Try switching off the LimoPro altogether in the menu to see if you have contrast control.
    I presume that brightness and colour work correctly.

3. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your fast reply!

I called the guy that have just replaced one of the CRTs. He said that he was almost certain that it was the "thing" (dont know the english word "potentiometer" in swedish) that controlled the contrast that needed to be replaced, no big deal but i still need to send my PJ across Sweden to the Barco service center.
    If you understand which part i'm talking about, do you know if it is difficult to replace it? I have a friend that is chieftechnician at a big Television network here. He said that he could probably replace it if he got the right "thing".

Brightness & Color seem to work fine, it's only the Contrast control that doesn't seem to have any effect on the picture...

My Cine-7 only have the LiDo installed, but I have a Centerstage CS1 feeding it instead...

//Kris

4. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing i've noticed is that the red LED right beside the green LED inside the projector is flashing rapidly all the rest of the red LEDs remain unlit. What does that LED stand for?

//Kris

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Describe the position of this flashing led a bit better.

The Cine 7 is a digital chasis it doesn't have potentiometers as such.
    If the projector is less than two years old it should be covered by a Barco warenty.

The control chips can be taken out by a flash over from the end of the green tube to the contoller board that sits just above it. this is what I suspect happend to my 708 that had the same fault. It wasn't the green tube that was replaced was it?

6. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, it was the red CRT. But the Barco technician said that the "digital potentiometer" could be broke. This was an easy thing to replace he said.
    If I remove the cover completely and stand behind the PJ (ceilingmounted) I can see a line ov LEDs just inside the PJ. It's about five i think, one green two the left and the rest red. The red LED just beside the green one is flashing.

Picture of the LEDs:
    [​IMG]

//Kris

7. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The flashing led is indicating the processor is running it's quite normal. It should flash even with the projector in standby.

Press a button on the remote and the one next to it should flash too.

Another one will come on when it finds a source it knows etc.

8. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! It's always nervwrecking to find a red led flashing :) It is flashing when the PJ is in standby...
    I've just finished packing my precious Cine-7 for the trip across Sweden, down to Barco service center. The technician said it would be ready within a week...
    Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again for your help!

//Kris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.