Lost Mux A on Sandy Heath Transmitter

J

John_Bletchley

Having had good freeview reception for the last two years I was a tad surprised to lose Mux A (Ch5, 5US, 5Life and most of the TUTV) last week. Mux A, along with 1, 2, C and D are received at 67% signal strength and Mux B at 49% making this even stranger. If I was going to lose one I'd have thought it would be the weaker Mux B.

I've monitored the BBC's transmitter maintenance site http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/today.shtml and it has shown no problems.

Could my telly be on the blink? I don't think so but I'm not technically proficient to be certain. :rolleyes:
What could affect the reception of one channel, 43(A) when the others 42(1), 45(2), 67(B), 40(C) and 46(D) are all ok? My analogue service is fine too.

I've unplugged the TV from the mains for a while then rescanned without the aerial to reset the software and clear the channel data. Subsequent scanning with the aerial conected leaves me in the same position, no Mux A but everything else ok. :confused:

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the aerial is external, it could be the culprit and be suffering from either water ingress, or maybe have been disturbed by a bird and pointing slightly the wrong way.

Thanks Mannyo. It looks ok from the ground and as the coax exits from below the connector box I didn't think water would be an issue. I'll have to borrow a ladder and have a closer look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom