1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost mid-range, speakers, Amp or CD player, suggestions pls?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Matthew J Taylo, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I've recently purchased a set of Monitor Audio S6's & have been running them in over the last week (I still have another 25 hrs to go!!), after a little messing about with positioning etc.. I've decided to use both bungs in the rear ports.

Whilst I do conceed that I have a small room for these speakers but I've noticed that I'm "missing" some of the mid-range. I have bags of bass (possibly too much) & lot's of treble but I'm struggling to hear the midrange.

The system I'm using consists of a Pioneer Ax5i AV amp (set to direct) & a Denon RDC-02 cd player (connnnected by Merlin Chopin interconnect).

I've read on other posts that the Pioneer amp can be a little bright so I was wondering what I could do to tame the brightness & bring out some more mid-range as when I play the same tracks on my 5 yr old DR600 Marantz cd-r it does sound a little better, I think?

I do listen to some quite challenging music, i.e. Muse

Any other tips on cd players with the Pio? I've always felt I should of chosen the marantz 7300!!

Cheers

Matt