Question Lost large section of Freeview channels after retune

Anyer

Novice Member
Reaction score
As a lot of people have done, I have retuned my TV to pick up the new BBC Olympics channels earlier this week. However this morning I ran into some issues.

The normal channels started to have graphic issues so thought the rain last night had caused some aerial issues. But then the BBC HD channels cut out and "Invalid Service" would pop up. So I did an auto retune and they worked fine. But them 10 minutes later the image flickered on and off repeatedly and again the HD channels cut out. I did another retune and after it finished I found I had lost channels between freeview channel 33 and 100 (there are some odd channels before 33 also missing).

I contacted Freeview and did all they asked and still no joy. They said it could be the communal aerial in my flat block and luckily I do have someone to come look at another issue from the building management today so will speak to them.

Is there anything else I could do or could be causing this issue? When I looked up what channels I should get or says my closest transmitter is Crystal Palace.

Edit: just to add the HDMI cable removal suggestion in other threads didn't solve the issue.

Also it gets to 54% in the retune and after that the amount of DTV and Radio sticks at 31 DTV and 16 radio channels. I seem to have picked up lots of other random local BBC radio stations but lost ones like Magic and Kerrang.

Last edited:
Go over all the aerial connections with a fine toothed comb - swap the fly lead for any others you have. It may be as simple as a loose connection.

Check with neighbours to see if they have TV reception issues. !Do not ask them to retune! It makes fault diagnosis difficult; fix the fault the poor/missing channels will become good. If many are having problems it points to a fault in the communal aerial system.

HDMI-connected kit can sometimes cross-interfere with the TV aerial cables. Keep any well apart. (Consider disconnecting both ends of any hdmi cables - from TV and device - to see if it helps with the TV reception. Once you know the cause steps can be taken to sort the 'problem' one. Pound store hdmi cables are often as good as overpriced 'branded' ones.

I already removed the HDMI cable as suggested in other threads were people had issues and it didn't help

I'll try asking neighbours this evening as most are out till then at work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom