Lost it all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulks

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have had to move into an unfurnished house due to the immediate and totally unexpected end of my 9 year relationship.

I had to attend court on Wednesday to get access to my son approved and agree a date to move out, and despite my autism (I have been clinically diagnosed with ADD/ADHD combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive and ASD - Autism spectrum disorder) I was given 3 days to move out and 2 evenings week with my son with no overnights until Xmas.

I've not been able to take any of my Audio
Visual equipment. I've lost the lot as I am now not allowed back to the old place after agreeing to an undertaking in court to have the non molestation order and occupation orders filed for dismissal in 12 months.

My 6k savings went in 7 days, on the new house rent, deposit, court fees and barrister costs. I had no legal aid at all with my barrister or court costs.

I'm now watching TV via scart on a freeview box. That's from a 55", hooked up to my XBox One, Sony 3D bluray with surround sound and Sky HD 2TB box. I can't wait to see how good the walking dead is going to look on Monday.

To make it more insulting, I have 6 40L plastic containers in my lounge full of Blurays I can't even watch.

Rant over !

Last edited:
This a pee take I guess?? I must be missing something.

I hope this is some kind of joke, although I dont find it funny. Your ex and son seem to be low down your list if your AV gear is so special to you. TBH if thats your priority then you may need to take a look in the mirror as you have some serious issues you need to resolve.

this is a joke post.........right ?

You are ALL missing the point and awfully judgemental aren't you !

you have some serious issues you need to resolve.

Why, do you know him from just the one post?

If it isnt a joke then why would he be bothered about the woman whos kicked him out the house?
Your saying his child is low on his agenda yet he repeats he has no access.

The non mol was rubbished out of court by my barrister. My son is the most important thing in my life ! How can you judge me on how good a father I am ?!

Idiotic responses. May I remind you I am autistic. If ANYONE wants to see the court papers, the judges response, my undertaking to the court, bank statements, solicitors letters then just PM me. I was ranting on my AV as I cost me a lot. Put yourself in the same situation then rejudge. It's not a joke and if you wish to troll me. I suggest you don't

I hope this is some kind of joke, although I dont find it funny. Your ex and son seem to be low down your list if your AV gear is so special to you. TBH if thats your priority then you may need to take a look in the mirror as you have some serious issues you need to resolve.

Troll

You think it's a joke huh ? How old are you ? Have u got kids ? Have you and your son got autistically defined lives ?

This a pee take I guess?? I must be missing something.
Why ? What are you missing ??? Humanity I another mans moment of need maybe ! Don't understand as yo haven't been in the same situation perhaps.

BTW a non mol can be filed against anyone at anytime without notice. It's not defined solely with domestic violence. It's the new injunction. She self represented with her mother giving her legal advice. Do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @bulks

Please calm down mate, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and some of the comments haven't been particularly helpful I appreciate that. I think it's the bold nature of your initial post that threw some people off but I understand you were looking to vent.

Can I direct you to this thread here

Divorce!

Lots of really useful advice and support there. If you pop your post on there I'm sure you'll get a positive response. Can't offer any advice myself unfortunately other than things will get better mate, it might seem like it's the end of the world but you can and will find a way through this. Look after yourself and keep yourself well.

Chin up mate

All the best

Saf

I'd leave it at that bulks, hopefully some friendlier members will be along soon.

Just delete the thread.

I'd rather not be condemned for being the best father in the world for leaving all my AV equipment for my autistic son as that is what he needs as his mum is an ungrateful cow for all I have done for both of them in the last 9 years.

And when he comes to MY house he will kick off as he doesn't have what I left at his mums. Where do you think he will want to be ? With her or me ?

If I was an abusive, violent, terrible father, I would have taken the lot..

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologise fella as my sarcasm detector might be broken. When I read an OP with over half of it on your kit it does raise eyebrows. You might of been better focused on the first half of your post to as that is the main concern.

I apologise fella as my sarcasm detector might be broken. When I read an OP with over half of it on your kit it does raise eyebrows. You might of been better focused on the first half of your post to as that is the main concern.

Autism

@bulks. Hi.

Unfortunately your initial post is a little skewed with all that stuff about AV equipment and other members quite rightly picked up on that. Basically you shot yourself in the foot with the overall tone of your OP.

Bear in mind also this is an open forum and opinions will be based on your initial post. However your response to other members posts was positive and show you have spirit - keep it up.

Safcalibur's post is very good and I will second what he said.

All the best. :thumbsup:

I remember the day I lost it all and went onto Avforums to have a little break down.

The next day I kindly asked someone to remove the thread and learned never to do that again.

Let me see.....

Do you still have your 2 arms and feet ??? Well if you do then well done you survived.

Like safcalibur said join us over on the divorce thread. You might actually like it.

I'm now watching TV via scart on a freeview box. That's from a 55", hooked up to my XBox One, Sony 3D bluray with surround sound and Sky HD 2TB box. I can't wait to see how good the walking dead is going to look on Monday.

You know what ? I have never seen the walking dead on a 55" TV either.

I could rip you post apart but I won't. Just look after yourself for once. Let everything else work itself out.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Don't be so snappy and dont be so "woe is me" about medical conditions.

It's a tough time. You need to steady the ship and focus on what's important. Which is clearly your son.

You don't mention who you ended up in court over such a sudden separation?

Just chill, things will get better.

OP had a rant on AV forum about his AV equipment, go figure!

MOD COMMENT:

This thread will continue to run as long as the OP wishes for it to remain in place. Clearly it's a very sensitive matter and he has the right to post how he feels, on the premise that he may not like the responses.

All I ask is that if criticisms are to be made, then please make them as constructive as possible. If @bulks chooses to read the aforementioned Divorce thread it may offer to clarity and hopefully useful advice.

Funnily enough, due to the grainy nature of the way the Walking Dead is shot I'm not sure it will make a huge difference anyway.

All the best to the OP tho. I couldn't imagine what I would do if placed in a similar situation. I probably wouldn't have any AV gear left as I would have smashed it all up in blind rage. Lol

I can sympathise with the OP as coincidentally I lost my 55" TV but that is way down my list of priorities. In truth, I won't flinch if I don't see that TV again.

Assuming you are employed, with a reasonable job, everything material can be replaced. It just takes time.

@bulks my apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Looking at the way the thread was constructed & the time it was posted it was rather confusing.

Again my apologies & I hope you find your way through this difficult journey.

I think the best thing is if we leave this here and @bulks joins the Divorce! thread where he will find many other members in the same situation as he finds himself in. It's unfortunate his initial post was misunderstood so probably best if we all make a fresh start.

Closed at the OP's request

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom