Lost is so expensive!

ah so insightful! tel me how are we getting 'ripped'?

It costs $49 for them, or £30 per season.

It costs £45 for us, or $73 per season.

Well we pay VAT and most US states still don't have a sales tax and our market is still treated separately so we don't get the benefits of the economy of scale the North American market gets nor is our market as competitive both on the high street and online.

It doesn't help either that the exchange despite a brief rally over the last week is still a pale shadow of what it was this time last year when it was 2 to 1.

I have to say I've bought more UK sourced Blu since the exchange rate collapsed thanks to some fairly good pricing and anything I think is too much I now wait a few months and don't buy at the release price let alone RRP as some still do.

To be honest I'm not sure what the point of this thread is as most thing are more expensive here then in the US for a number of reasons. AS already mentioned it's nothing new.

It costs $49 for them, or £30 per season.

It costs £45 for us, or $73 per season.

so nothing new then what was the point of mentioning it? as has been said uk blu ray is coming down quite drastically. you could pick anything from a pair of trainers to a large screen Tv and apply the same 'we are being ripped' statement to it.

so nothing new then what was the point of mentioning it? as has been said uk blu ray is coming down quite drastically. you could pick anything from a pair of trainers to a large screen Tv and apply the same 'we are being ripped' statement to it.

Haha, calm down. It's just a thread.

After a couple of months you can probably get the blu box sets for about £30 anyway, so don't worry, it's not like it's something we haven't already seen! I doubt there will be any hi def exclusives on it, so there's no point worrying -- also, at this point in the show, I would hang fire for a ultimate box set with additional extras (as there seems to be a trend of this happening now...) which I would expect pre-Xmas 2010

I was debating whether to switch over to buying the Lost boxsets on BD but decided to stick with DVD as I already have seasons 1 to 4 on the format. Also the BD boxsets for seasons 1 and 2 are a bit too pricey and it does seem the U.S. get the better deal. Also where is season 3 in the UK?

I may rebuy Lost on BD at a later date once the series has finished, they're all out on BD and have dropped in price.

I was debating whether to switch over to buying the Lost boxsets on BD but decided to stick with DVD as I already have seasons 1 to 4 on the format. Also the BD boxsets for seasons 1 and 2 are a bit too pricey and it does seem the U.S. get the better deal. Also where is season 3 in the UK?

I may rebuy Lost on BD at a later date once the series has finished, they're all out on BD and have dropped in price.

as i own both season 3 and 4 on bluray the quality is reference excellent picture and sound especally on beach scenes.

I have seasons 1 and 2 coming tomorrow can only hope the quality is as good.

Where is the cheapest place to buy the UK versions?

just bought season 1 off ebay for £30 delivered (brand new & sealed)

only ever watched the pilot episodes (today on dvd) and decided it was worth the blu ray plunge :thumbsup:

I am a bit cheesed off that we haven't got Series 3 yet, I mean it came out in america ages ago. Why now bring it out now, with the others?

I've being watching series 1, up to disc 5 and I would have to say the quality is excelent and is constistant all the way through, bar 1 scene so far.
The only scene that isn't up to scratch is on an early episode (can't remeber which one exactly) where Hurley steps on a Sea Erchin and Jin helps him up the beach. The contrast looks unbleavebly bad, really grey and really grainy, next scene and its fine again.
This is the only bit that is like that, the rest is top notch.
I also like the season play, dead useful, and it skips out the previews/menus of the next disc you put in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom