Lost internet on my Galaxy S

blaster9999

Established Member
Just as title whet sleep with 3G working woke to find no signal, assummed a local tower problem, as stiil able to speak and use txt. Travelled to work still no signal. Vistted vodafone shop tried manual roaming and a new sim. Still no 3g sig
Vodafone helpline poor as is their internet service.
What am I missing. Could I have changed some setting just before I went to sleep?
Is the phone defective?

broona

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Data Enabled tick box, happened on a mate's Galaxy S too.

blaster9999

Established Member
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Data Enabled tick box, happened on a mate's Galaxy S too.

Tried this closet i could go was Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> USE DATA PACKET tick box. This was unticked and still no 3 G or rather symbol for 3g appears sometime after turning on the phone but sign error for googlemail appears.

My wife now also has am gal S the t mobile sim does allow internet ( but not utube?) both on her phone and mine. My sim still can't access the internet on her phone :confused:

So potential problems
1) something wrong with my sim (but this is my second sim and the odds of both sims from different sources both shoing the same problem must be low).
2) Something wrong with the network, but I've seen my phone sitting on a desk with a ano. of other vodafone simmed phones all accessing a signal, I also travelled across several post codes from Essex to central London, all with no signal.
3) Problem with my googlemail account, but I'm able to log in via a PC and wifes mobile ?
4) Problem with the vodafone account itself.
This is doing my head in :rolleyes: Any suggestions. I suppose their is always factory reset but can#t see what that would achieve but finally elim possibility of phone itself causing the problem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom