1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost in a sea of plasma.....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by baseborn, Jul 7, 2003.

1. baseborn

baseborn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok........i admit that i am completely confused by the array of plasmas available.

Basically - i have around £3000 to spend on a plasma.......
    I want a 42 inch screen, and also ideally a tuner box (for ease of use & inputs etc.)

And i really don't know which ones to look at........or where is the best place to buy them.

Any advice would be gratefully received, along with advice on the rest of the kit for a hc setup (ie dvd/amp/spkrs etc....) in a total budget of 5500 - 6000 quid.

Cheers

\\base:confused:

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +545
    Take some time to peruse the threads here and you'll get some good advice and comments about a range of screens ... I guess with your budget you should be able to get a good bargain as new models start to replace older eg. panasonic series 5 are being discounted as the series 6 screens are expected soon ...

with regard to the rest of the home cinema kit, again a trawl through the other forums would be worthwhile ... if you want to find what most people have then look at some of the poster signatures to see their kit ...

Although in an Arcam-biased way I'd go for something like an AVR200, a DV89 and a set of b&W 600 series speakers ... but that's just me ;-)

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

The forthcoming Pioneer 434HDE should be worth an audition. It has a completely new media box which even includes HDMI - which might be useful for future HD-DVD. Try Joe at www.tmfsolutions.co.uk Hope this helps

Steve