lost hd last night

mogbat

Did anyone else have a problem with lost on sky hd last night. i could watch it on sd but on hd, it showed channel fault?

acf

I had it set to record but while watching Indiana Jones on BBCHD noticed that the recording had not started. Tuned in and could see it ok but it never started recording, just showing To be recorded in the planner.

Bachstrad

Novice Member
It recorded just fine for me. :thumbsup:

ATB

Max

freeman

Novice Member
Lost recorded ok ,but Gladiators refused to record at 6 (as above ,just showing as to be recorded after 6 ) & then NCIS & the later showing of Gladiators only part recorded showing as a power cut :mad:

g60stu

Standard Member
My Lost recording failed too :(
I tried to start watching my recording at 9:20pm (to skip the ads) and the sound and picture just kept skipping. After a few too many presses of the remote the box shutdown!!

Oh well...

Stu

cyoung

Novice Member
Mine reported 'clashed', despite nothing else being set to record at the same time! :(

It's repeated at 10:00pm on Tuesday (Sky One HD) if you missed it.

ceepan

Standard Member
My Indiana Jones on BBC HD reported clashed, although there was nothing to clash with. Lost then recorded fine, and NCIS on FX+ at 11 reported as clashed, again with nothing else set up. I am not too impressed. Is this a box fault?

mickbirch2000

Lost Sky HD "Failed" in planner "No Satellite signal" was the reason given, now downloading the episode. Looks like another unexplained failure for many people.
Sky :thumbsdow

RobM

Distinguished Member
My HD box turned off completely last night, for no apparent reason, as it has been for some time. It's running the latest software too, so Sky saying it's a software issue is nonsense. It took around an hour to get it working again.

Got an engineer coming on Friday hopefully to sort it out or replace the box.

Jedi Monsoon

Standard Member
Mine didn't record but still kept it as to be recorded even the next day. Very strange. I also missed NCIS premiere. Anyone know if its repeated or if this series will be on HD?

mogbat

Its started again!! it wouldn't record one programme in my planner set at 22:00hrs and when i tried to view the channel is said fault, but when i deleted the preset recording and went back to the channel it was back on?

unplugged the box, turned it back on and it seems fine now.

this is my fifth box this year!!

choddo2006

Novice Member
Mine screwed up again tonight. I was watching BS:G HD from last week and had told it to record Lost at 10 on Sky Two. It didn't start recording while I was watching the HD recording.

I had to stop the playback, kill the entry in the planner, start watching Lost and hit R to get it to work

Planner Rebuild underway... but I don't think it'll help

Skids

Standard Member
I am getting sick of this Sky HD box and I have had it for less than a month.

I had it set to record two programs tonight both at different times and it simply failed to record them! I happened to watch them both so I know there was no signal problem and no power cuts.

Halfway through one of the programs I looked on the planner and it was set as if it was ready to record but simply wasn't. At the end of the program I went into the planner and there was simply no mention of it.

When I upgraded to Sky HD from my standard Sky box I asked for some sort of discount seeing as I have been a Sky customer for 8 years (Full package) but they wouldn't budge at all.

I also asked where the £10 extra a month goes and I was told it goes into future R&D. Well clearly it is not being spent on these issues that have been happening since the box was launched.

I will be calling Sky tomorrow and I will be having a few stern words and wanting some compensation.

To quote somebody else, 'So much for the Sky advert which says Never Miss a Thing!

I wish I had stuck with my (superior) TiVo.

supersneak

Novice Member
Bones failed to record on Sky One HD last night. No failure message, and next weeks episode appeared in the planner as normal. :confused:

PeteIvy

I always seem to have at least one failed recording every Sunday. Thankfully it's only Shipwrecked which is on the planner for the wife. But for the last 3 weeks it's failed. Never had a problem with Lost though!

choddo2006

Novice Member
Very strange. I wonder if there's a problem with the Guide data at the moment? Well the rebuild locked up so I had to pull the power but it seems ok now. Going to test by watching BBC HD tonight when Lost is set to record.

tvdavid

My box recorded lost fine on channel 175 on Sunday night.
Also I taped 4 things last night all fine.

I have said this before and will say it again but I think I have a lucky box.
Its about 16 months old now.

Angel1403

Standard Member
Mine Failed on Sunday on Sky HD and the repeat on Sky 2 :(

Is Sky aware of a problem they are not telling us about :mad:

DJMS

My lost was fine :) but had several episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse:eek:(8 month old baby loves it) fail during the day. All in planner still as to be recorded long after transmission.

Would have been doing a mixture of watching SD, watching HD, playing back SD and playing back HD when they were on but at no stage trying to do 3 things at once which might have otherwise explained it.

Sam V

Novice Member
Lost also failed for me on Sunday on SKY HD. It is pretty annoying but doing a planner rebuild once or twice a week seems to help keep my failed recordings down (I was getting quite a few and now it seems to be minimal). Dont know if there are any side effects o doing this reguarly but all seems well at the moment.

If its a series I really want to make sure I dont miss an episode of I always try and scour digiguide to see if there is a repeat and set a series record up on the repeat also. I just delete the repeat if the first one records OK. Sky are generally pretty good at repeating their major shows.

I guess its not good that these things happen but I have kinda got used to the odd failure and mitigate against it where I can. On the whole I love SKY HD and it gives me many hours of viewing pleasure and the 1TB upgrade just makes it sweeter.

Cant wait to get time to watch 3:10 to Yuma and War that I have pulled off Anytime :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett