lost freeview ITV/C4/C5 after switch

merlin777

Standard Member
Reaction score
<p>we switched (stage 1) this week. Retuned tv to freeview. previously had really poor freeview reception with either no signal or bad blocking on the few channels i had.</p><p>Now it says i have 27 tv and 12 radio channels. No breakup on any channel - all are excellent quality.</p><p>However, there are no ITV/C4/C5 tuned on freeview. Are they expected in stage 2 on the 18th or is something going wrong?</p><p>Fairly sure i'm pointing (set top aerial) at crystal palace. Situated in bagshot near ascot. Receiving london region.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

The others, with a great deal of luck, will likely appear on the 18th. Your aerial is just not up to receiving the current low-power signals very well... even so it is good going for a set-top aerial in Bagshot!

The BBC A high power mux carries 9 services likely to be flagged TV, and 11 Radio --- so you must be receiving one of the other 5 low power SD muxes now!

Thanks for your reply, Rodders.

I'm almost shocked by the quality of what has tuned in. I've not seen breakup at all yet and very sharp pictures. I did have an audio sync problem on Dave last night, though.

I'm getting the bbc channels, dave, dave ja vu, sky news, babe-station-type channels and a few others.

I'm especially impressed because the set-top aerial is pointing at CP through 2 or 3 internal walls of an old, solid house!

Roll on the 18th!

I too have this issue

Ch1, 2, are there then missing 3-6, 8, 10, and then random ones.

Assume there is nothing I can do until the 18th

PS: Doesn't help itv1 live player is abs garbage

Just up the road (Bracknell) I can get (intermittently) 10 channels but the signal is lost most of the time (indoor aerial) but no BBC1/BBC2, here's hoping after the 18th I can get them all!:D

Just up the road (Bracknell) I can get (intermittently) 10 channels but the signal is lost most of the time (indoor aerial) but no BBC1/BBC2, here's hoping after the 18th I can get them all!:D

You may be pointing the wrong way. I used the map on the digital switchover site and a compass to work out which way the house is facing to make sure I was pointing at CP.

You may be pointing the wrong way. I used the map on the digital switchover site and a compass to work out which way the house is facing to make sure I was pointing at CP.

Pretty sure I have tried all ways to obtain a picture, will try again though

Well, I retuned about 11.50 last night and got the BBC channels, but not ITV/4/5. Retuned again after midnight, lost the Beeb channels (apart from 4) and got the "ITV" channels back! So I think I've probably got one set on my digibox, and the other on the DVDR - I'm hoping. Will try again tomorrow - I mean later on today.

Switchover @ CP completed at 06:00 on Wed 18th. After midnight services would go off an return - perhaps intermittently - as the new kit was brought into service.
Should be Ok to try now, of course ;)

Well, I retuned about 11.50 last night and got the BBC channels, but not ITV/4/5. Retuned again after midnight, lost the Beeb channels (apart from 4) and got the "ITV" channels back!

The Beeb had moved to somewhere around the 130 mark. No idea why, nor whether I can persuade them to move back to the proper place. Factory reset didn't do it.

Okay retuned last night and got all the channels (I think) although BBC1 and BBC2 keep dropping signal all the others appear to be fine:D
Is there a way to fine tune for BBC1 and BBC2 to get a picture at all times or is this just out of the scope of my indoor aerial?

Is there a way to fine tune for BBC1 and BBC2 to get a picture at all times or is this just out of the scope of my indoor aerial?

Yes, that will be the problem.

You could try moving it around the room, although you'll then probably lose the other muxes.

It speaks volumes for the robustness of the digital signal that you're getting anything at all at that distance.

Yes, that will be the problem.

You could try moving it around the room, although you'll then probably lose the other muxes.

It speaks volumes for the robustness of the digital signal that you're getting anything at all at that distance.

Thanks may just live with it "as is"

I know I couldn't believe we would get any channels tbh

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom