Lost episodes of The Likely Lads and Till Death Do Us Part recovered

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I picked up The Likely Lads disc yesterday from HMV for £9.99. That's the cheapest price I'm aware of. The cover says the two tv episodes are presented as new high definition transfers. The information on the inner sleeves confirms they are 16mm film telerecordings. This means they were filmed from a tv monitor. I had hoped they were filmed from a 625 monitor as I understand that they were first shown on BBC2 which I believe was 625 from the beginning. Unfortunately these are 405 line recordings. It's a bit misleading to refer to them as HD.

I watched one last night and enjoyed it. If I have seen it before I can't remember it. The pic quality was a bit rough as you'd expect given how it was filmed. I had a couple of sound drop outs but they played fine when I went back and played them again. Strange.

Bri

I love the Likely Lads

Whatever is one of my all time favourite sitcoms. Those two series were first rate. I got to see the film last night. It's only the second time I'd seen it. I wasn't that keen first time round. It does have many of the same problems of the sitcom expanded to a feature film that was common to the genre. It would have almost certainly made a better tv series but I really enjoyed it this time round. Recommended.

Bri

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom