Lost component input mode on Panny PW5

R

rmoon

I've got a Panasonic TH-42PWD5UY that is a little over a year old. It has S-svideo, VGA, and component inputs. Suddenly, the component input mode became unavailable via the input changer button on the remote and front panel. S-video and VGA work fine. The input indicator on the OSD skips from s-video to PC and back to s-video. I've tried cycling the wall power, reseating the input card, checking all the cables, and I tried connecting the component cables to my ReplayTV instead of my DVD player. I also called Panasonic support and they didn't have any ideas. Before, even if the component input source was turned off, it would still cycle through it when toggling inputs. Now it doesn't even show up in the list. I'm going to try the hidden options menu tonight but I don't see anything directly related from the docs, maybe "Initial Input" and/or "Input lock" will fix it. Anyone here have any ideas on what else to try?

[Replying to my own post here.]

I found that if I use the hidden options menu to set the input lock to component, then the component input works fine as long as the power stays on. If I power off the unit, it comes back up on s-video and I have to repeat the workaround through the options menu. This seems more like a software/interface bug rather than a failure in the input board. I contacted a local repair center and spoke to a tech who is going to ask a Panasonic tech later this week about my problem. If I find out more I will post it here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom