Lost Complete Blu-ray US £88 at Amazon.com BE QUICK

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I've ordered one, and rather than pay the fee's when the item arrive's etc, I went for expedited shipping which means I'll get it quicker, and amazon take an import fee deposit, which I understand that if it's lower then they'll pay you the difference back, and if it's higher then they pay the extra :)
My order came to £111 ( and something pence)
Now I either need to find season 3/4 region B or find myself a cheap cheap region free player!
Jack

ALI_D

I got one as well, :D do amazon declare it at the deal price or the original price?

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I got one as well, :D do amazon declare it at the deal price or the original price?

I've been reading that some people last year, had the items declared at the original price, and so people were charged higher fee's, but they managed to get refunds from amazon :thumbsup:

Anybody used the import fee deposit before?
Thanks
Jack
:smashin:

Edit : the price I paid was 111.53

Stuart

Distinguished Member
I've ordered one, and rather than pay the fee's when the item arrive's etc, I went for expedited shipping which means I'll get it quicker, and amazon take an import fee deposit, which I understand that if it's lower then they'll pay you the difference back, and if it's higher then they pay the extra :)
My order came to £111 ( and something pence)
Now I either need to find season 3/4 region B or find myself a cheap cheap region free player!
Jack

I did toy with that idea but I'm not in a hurry and may get lucky and save a few quid. If not the worst is I get it a few days later and have paid the same as using expedited. :thumbsup:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I did toy with that idea but I'm not in a hurry and may get lucky and save a few quid. If not the worst is I get it a few days later and have paid the same as using expedited. :thumbsup:

I'm not in that much of a hurry either, but I can want it soon :D
Also although when I checked out with other items standard shipping said it would be here before december 24th, when the items have actually been shipped it's saying they will be here on the 1st Jan :thumbsdow
Whether that's right or not, I have no idea, but I hope not :(

HitmanKelly

I can't believe I just pulled the trigger on this... £91 (got standard shipping) on myself less than a month before Xmas :eek:

If the missus finds out how much this cost me, I'll need to pray I get immigrated to the island :devil:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
The way I see it, it's still that little bit cheaper than the UK set ( if you don't include discounts) and will look a hell of a lot better!
Sure I'll have to find a player to play season 3/4 but I'm sure it will be worth it :D

HitmanKelly

I can't believe I just pulled the trigger on this... £91 (got standard shipping) on myself less than a month before Xmas :eek:

If the missus finds out how much this cost me, I'll need to pray I get immigrated to the island :devil:

Mines been delayed until Dec 2nd now.. not hopeful of seeing this before Xmas :(

HitmanKelly

Just got an email that it just shipped... only a mere matter of hours after it had been delyaed :rolleyes:

Lets hope this one skips customs... :suicide:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Mines just arrived :D
It's lovely, although the slip cover box thing it comes in has some slight damage to it, so I'm on chat with amazon now :D

HitmanKelly

Mines just arrived :D
It's lovely, although the slip cover box thing it comes in has some slight damage to it, so I'm on chat with amazon now :D

Great news mate... :smashin: I assume you had no customs as you paid up front right?

What was the packing like by Amazon?

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Great news mate... :smashin: I assume you had no customs as you paid up front right?

What was the packing like by Amazon?

No customs fee's :smashin:
And the packaging its self was ok, a box with two big air bags in, but obviously not enough to stop the box moving around a little bit :(
The woman on the chat, is insisting that I return it, which I don't really want to do, as I wanted to start watching it tonight :D

INDIE

Distinguished Member
No customs fee's :smashin:
And the packaging its self was ok, a box with two big air bags in, but obviously not enough to stop the box moving around a little bit :(
The woman on the chat, is insisting that I return it, which I don't really want to do, as I wanted to start watching it tonight :D

I had the same sort of packing for the Battlestar box set. Mine was ok but it is daft to put a heavy box with 4 or 5 air bags and hope its ok.

Worth entering feedback in your account details on the order.

Regards

Indie.

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I had the same sort of packing for the Battlestar box set. Mine was ok but it is daft to put a heavy box with 4 or 5 air bags and hope its ok.

Worth entering feedback in your account details on the order.

Regards

Indie.

Mine had two airbags :rolleyes:
The first person was quite unhelpful, so I've just said thanks but no thanks in a polite way and opened another chat :smashin:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Just got off the chat to Amazon, managed to bag refund of £ 49.71 after complaining about the minimal packaging etc :p

Stuart

Distinguished Member

Looks like my gamble paid off :D

Arrived today in perfect condition and no customs :clap:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Looks like my gamble paid off :D

Arrived today in perfect condition and no customs :clap:

Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lovely set isn't it!
Wishing I had gone for that now, however there was always the risk of customs and I guess you just got lucky!
Still my £48 has just been refunded so I can't complain :laugh:

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lovely set isn't it!
Wishing I had gone for that now, however there was always the risk of customs and I guess you just got lucky!
Still my £48 has just been refunded so I can't complain :laugh:

I reckon you ended up with the better deal :D But we both got lucky :smashin:

It is a gorgeous set indeed. :clap:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I reckon you ended up with the better deal :D But we both got lucky :smashin:

It is a gorgeous set indeed. :clap:

Now just waiting on all my other parcels to arrive :mad: :devil:
I've only ever watched season 1 of Lost, so going to work my way through over the following months :D

HitmanKelly

Good to hear your's have came through lads...

Stuart when was your's dispatched?

HitmanKelly

28/11 so a little over a week using standard shipping :clap:

Mine went out of the 30th, so hopefully I'll get it soon... praying I avoid customs..

Another quick Q, I notice the heading is lost £88... yet mine cost just over £91 with standard shipping?? Did I miss a trick?

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Mine went out of the 30th, so hopefully I'll get it soon... praying I avoid customs..

Another quick Q, I notice the heading is lost £88... yet mine cost just over £91 with standard shipping?? Did I miss a trick?

I think my conversion was a bit off. Upon checking I paid in USD and the bank have taken £90.41

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution