Lost - buy now or wait..... ?

babybearbarker

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well now that the final season starts in January, it is likely the BR for season 6 will be out late next year - question is .... is it worth waiting incase there is a juicy BR box set with all seasons plus extras not released or just buy each season as they come out. Reason I ask is that even with the online prices, they still are not very cheap for each season, so really can't decide what to do.

what will you all do - wait or buy as released?

Amazon (US) recently had a great offer on S1-5 boxsets. I've only seen up to S4.

I'm going to wait for S6 to finish and the inevitable 6 series super delux boxset to come out and watch them all again, only this time in HD.

Only downer is that i'll probably have to wait nigh on 12 months from now for the set to come out and that means not viewing Lost threads, blocking my ears when work colleagues are inevitably talking about the end of Lost etc etc.

Personally I don't like the big box sets that get released at the end of a show. Looks better to have all of them separately.

It also depends on how patient you are and if you want to re-watch the older seasons before season six is aired.

So to answer your question... I'd buy them now. :smashin:

I ordered the Lost 1-5 set from Amazon.com and the Blurays worked out at roughly £22 per season including delivery which makes the £48 UK prices a bit expensive even if I get charged import duty

Shame I have to wait until December for it to be released

Last edited:
Cool idea, but aren't some of the US box sets region locked to A?

Cool idea, but aren't some of the US box sets region locked to A?

Season 3 is - not sure about the 4 and 5 but I'm multiregion anyway- and this one purchase would save me more than the cost of an ICOS mod anyway

Well now that the final season starts in January, it is likely the BR for season 6 will be out late next year - question is .... is it worth waiting incase there is a juicy BR box set with all seasons plus extras not released or just buy each season as they come out. Reason I ask is that even with the online prices, they still are not very cheap for each season, so really can't decide what to do.

what will you all do - wait or buy as released?

I've been buying the Lost boxsets on DVD upto Season 4 but decided to go for BD for Season 5 seeing as it cost only a few quid more than the DVD one at Amazon. I was originally going to complete the series on DVD then buy the complete series BD boxset when it was released.

However, after the Battlestar Galactica BD set which comes in a nice tin case admittedly but each season is packed into a cheap cardboard sleeve I've decided that it would be better to pick up Seasons 1-4 on BD later instead once they drop a bit in price. I'll probably end up regretting it but at the moment it makes sense.

P.S. I've done the same with Heroes, switched to Season 3 on BD over DVD for the same reasons as Lost. The series is OK but it's not one I'd rebuy to get Season 1 and 2 on BD.

Season 3 is - not sure about the 4 and 5 but I'm multiregion anyway- and this one purchase would save me more than the cost of an ICOS mod anyway

Cool - so have you got multi-region blu ray? Is this more than one machine, or the same machine and if so how?!! I have multi-region on my sony blu ray player for the dvd part, but it won't play region A locked discs.

Cool - so have you got multi-region blu ray? Is this more than one machine, or the same machine and if so how?!! I have multi-region on my sony blu ray player for the dvd part, but it won't play region A locked discs.

You just get a chip installed and then you can change the BD regions by pressing a button on your remote.

I bought my player already multi-region and havent a single problem with it and I can buy BD's from all over the world without having to worry about region coding.

Cool - that sounds like a good move - will have to investigate!

I had a PS3 for my first year of Bluray but a couple of significant Region A titles made up my mind a year ago to buy a multiregion Panasonic Bluray player- the BD30 which is fully MR for both dvd and bd and was only £269 at the time so the sale of the PS3 almost covered it.

Never looked back since.
I've not bought exactly loads of Region A titles but Criterions Repulsion and Fox's Towering Inferno are the most recent along with Licence to Kill and Man/Golden Gun.

Best thing is being able to preorder the US titles without worrying whether they are region free.

Apart from supermarket cheapies the best MR deal I've seen is from Multiregion Magic for a Panny player at £329

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom