lost bbc hd last night

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by caldham, Dec 27, 2006.

1. caldham

caldham
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Half way through "Pirates" last night I lost bbc hd (108). Every other channel seems to be OK. Just as the BBC seems to showing a lot in HD.

Called TW today and they can't see any fault on their side and have booked a tech visit for next tuesday.

Anyone else having problems or anyone else had just bbc hd go down? Is this another box swap coming my way?

thanks

Chris

2. BikeNutt

BikeNutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    It wasn't just you. When I flicked over to see what Pirates was like in HD, the screen was blank.

3. stammie

stammie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    same happened to me, during Pirates,
    still no BBC HD now

Edit:
    Just called them about this, the only sense I could get from the Indian call centre was they are aware there is a problem but no estimated time for a fix,
    guess I'll be calling them about it tomorrow too!

4. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    It ran fine for me i watched it all way through no problems ive also just checked to see if bbc hd is still on and it is ....maybe your in same area and theres a a problem then possibly ? Im in northwest 30mins drive from manchester.

5. stammie

stammie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    seems to be a SW London outage, although getting through to anyone at Telewest to do anything about the problem seems to be proving to be mission impossible

6. radriderx

radriderx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    No - it happened with me as well and I live in the Glasgow area, I was recording it at the time and it stopped after 38 mins. BBC HD is back on at the moment though.

7. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Damn it, i'll have to check the recording worked before i watch half of it and get very annoyed :eek:

BIG tip here - dont bother to use the call centre for technical problems. Use the blueyonder website (see link posted in the thread in the saturday night outage before xmas) and/or use the electronic feedback form. It takes longer but you generally get a more accurate answer.

The stock response is to send an engineer round, meaning most of us have to waste half a day off work.

The call centre staff are generally poorly informed, which isn't a relection on them, but the set up and managment.

I've sat through most of the issues with the TVDrive since the start and if didnt have this forum i think the engineer would have visitied about 6 times since March. Examples include the left shift in picture at the start and the BBCHD drop for about a week in the autumn.