Lost audio in Blue Ray HDMI connection??

keith427

Standard Member
I have a Denon 4308 and Pioneer Blue Ray player connected via HDMI and when first set up worked fine. I used the player yesterday to find that I had 'lost' audio.

Even though I have been all through parameter set up I cannot find a resolution.

I do not get the DIG icon display on the amp.

I have had connector problems due to tight positioning of devices and wondered if this could be a cause??

Any help much appreciated

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Try the obvious i.e. different cable and try connecting directly from the player to the TV. Try a different input on both amp and TV. Is the amp working okay on everything else? Try a different source on the same amp input, does that work? If all else fails go back to the start within the setup to ensure the settings are correct on the player e.g. bitstream etc. and on the amp (auto). Ensure you haven't set the amp to output via B instead of A etc or is set to analogue. There is a lengthy owners thread for your amp in the Denon owners forum so have a look there. I would imagine there is a way of performing a factory reset as well should you exhaust all possibilities, consult the manual to find out how.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom