Lost apps on Samsung smart TV

smjxm09

My Samsung UE40 ES7000 arrived 3 days ago but now all my loaded apps have disappeared. Also many of the preloaded apps have also gone although some have re-installed themselves so I have ITV player but no BBC iplayer for example. Also the Apps store has disappeared.

The TV is going back but searching the internet, disappearing apps does not seem confined to just me on Samsung TV’s. Anyone here had this issue and is there a quick fix which I would try first before returning the TV? Doing a reset on the TV did not fix the problem

smjxm09

Found this comment posted on facebook posted last night:

"What gives Samsung? My shiny new Smart TV doesn't seem to want to show me my apps or connect to your servers, despite a definite Internet connection. Have you got problems with your servers?"

I also can't connect to the Samsung server despite an Internet connection. Maybe the TV is fine and the problem is the server but why whould downloaded apps disappear just because the server is down?

Last edited:

farmersquire

Standard Member
Had the same problem yesterday - go into the smart screen, hit tools/settings/reset and it should reboot to default settings and update all apps so they appear

bernieraffe

Standard Member
I've got the exact same problem on my week old UE40ES5500.

All of the Smart apps have disappeared, and although I have a good wired internet connection, I can't connect to anything on the SmartHub screen.

I've tried the Tools/Reset trick, but that didn't work. I then tried resetting everything back to factory settings, that failed as well.

I'll give Samsung a call tomorrow, but it looks like this TV is going back to John Lewis

smjxm09

When I phoned John Lewis to say that I wanted to swap the TV they put me though to the technical department. They told me that there is nothing wrong with the TV but an issue with the Samsung server. This must be the case as there are a few threads here and on the smart TV forum about this issue where ther server drops out.

I have hung on to the TV for the moment as I will give them a couple of weeks to fix it but swapping the TV for another samsung TV will not fix the problem.

dezza the flash

Standard Member
Samsung and their servers and apps servers. Im returning mine to John Lewis tomorrow. Get a new one and then return it again when it goes wrong again. Maybe within a day or two.
Its a crime nicking peoples money...in the hundreds of pounds and then folks having the hassle of getting it back. People have been sent to prison for less. Criminal.....Somewhere on this forum are posted correspondence from Samsung admitting there is a problem with Samsung Smart tv's. Im in for real blood on this one. G L A

bernieraffe

Standard Member
Sounds like you've lost your apps again, yes me too this evening, so it's obviously not the TV itself.

I'm sure it's only for a short period, they came back pretty quickly last time, other than that, it's a great TV!

hampshire tony

Standard Member
Same thing's happened to me. My set's about 6 months old but suddenly the screen was totally different and I can't even get BBC iPlayer via the BBC's own website.

marpas

Standard Member
all i did was check the network settings even though my internet was on, did a refresh, didn't resolve. i turned off tv, unplugged from power source, waited 10 seconds to plug back in. i went back to look for netflix. still no apps. went to samsung apps section and clicked netflix. i clicked run and it ran...then went back to main screen and all my apps i had loaded reappeared. mind you, skype had to update and i had to redo my log in, but that's okay. :clap:

marpas

Standard Member
:hiya:

well that would have been good for them to say before i went through all that....but glad they updated...if that's the reason! thanks!

marpas

Standard Member
i am curious about something else though. you know how you can change countries...well when i do of course i can't see any apps for those countries that i don't already have. but is there another way other than using a vpn to get apps from let's say england (i'm a coronation street fan)?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom