1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all bass in my speakers!!

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by studavis, Sep 14, 2005.

1. studavis

studavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Ok, I have completely lost all the bass in my car speakers. Here's the story.. I have a '99 Ford Ka, swapped out standard radio about 18 months ago, replaced it with new Phillips radio, new fascia nd obviously had to use an adaptor on the wires at the back to fit the standard radio's ISO connectors.

All working great until about a week ago when I got in the car one morning and realised my music sounded shrill, listening a little longer I realised it was all treble and no bass. Checked the EQ, bass and treble set as normal, and it was the same on CD, FM and MW radio. So i swopped back in the old, original stereo (thereby eliminating the new stereo and converter leads) and problem persisted.

I can only assume that the speakers have blown? Am i right in thinking that? What could cause two speakers to be working fully one minute and BOTH losing the bass at the same time? Anyone have any ideas of anything else I should try, or possible answers - because I'm stumped! I fyou need any more info just let me know.

cheers - hope you can help!

2. SteveRSF

SteveRSF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    could be the output on your headunit...............try fitting the old one back in see how it sounds then!

3. studavis

studavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate

yeah, as i said in the first post I swapped back in the original stereo to check and there was no difference. Could the bass of 2 Ka speakers blow at exactly the same time?