1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lossless Video Branding / watermark

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by LxMxFxD, Oct 10, 2005.

1. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a problem.

I have a 1000K mpeg-1 (constant bit rate) stream which looks great @ 352x240 onto which I need to put a watermark / url on the video. The issue is, how can I do this without losing any quality on the video?

I use sony vegas 6.0 - I've tried using a generated text media in vegas and reencoding it at 1000K constant BR. Definite loss in quality.

I've tried decompressing the file first using the MS uncompressed codec which turns a 23min video into 14GB. From there I've tried to re-encode at 1000K mpeg again with loss.

It seems like re-encoding at 1000K is the problem. Is there a way to put the url in the video somehow without reencoding it or in a lossless way?

Thanks all.

2. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TTT - no one knows a solution - can someone at least show me another place to put this where I might get an answer?

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Where you are changing every frame of the file, you are going to have to re-encode them & with a heavily compressed source that is always going to lead to a further loss of quality. Uncompressing the MPEG to .avi first will not stop this either. Uncompressing doesn't create new information in the file, you've still only got what the source gave it.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    The real experts on everything video editing can be found at www.dvdoctor.net but as vonhosen said you are working with a highly compressed origional and therefore I think you are going to loose at least some quality by doing any editing to the file.

Mark.

5. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was afraid of that. :( I knew that decompressing the file prolly wouldn't help anything in terms of adding new information - was hoping mpeg during the reencode could re-encode it better somehow.

Thanks guys