1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lossless player recommendations please

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by picmalkin, Oct 16, 2005.

1. picmalkin

picmalkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a decent player with lossless capabilities (other than the IPOD).

Whilst i know the ipod supports apple lossless i would like to get a player (or a hack for a player) which allows support for a 'neutral' lossless format like flac. I would like to avoid DRM type players as it is likely that the player (e.g. 60GB one) will be the only store of lossless albums - i.e. i will probably have to delete some once uploaded to save space on my harddrive - as i understand it an IPOD would delete the albums from the drive if they are not found on the PC?

I had a VAIO pocket - until the screen decided to leak.

The reason for my question is that whilst i have ripped my music collection to MP3 i have been convereted back to the sound qualities CDs can provide and want to have the benefits of lossless so that my player sounds better when plugged into my propoer hifi set up. I also don't use downloads sites - rather i rip straight from my CDs.

Also anyone got any comments on the quality of certain lossess formats - best ones to use - a real rival for CD with the right player?

Thanks