Lossless Audio

raznaran

Novice Member
I have a Bravia 4k (2021) TV. I am connected to a Sonos ARC with rear speakers. I am using Amazon Music App with a ultra-hd account. I can only get 16 bit. The TV is supposed to support 24 bit and the Sonos supports 24 bit. I don't understand the problem. On my Android phone I can get 24 bit. Is there some setting I need to change? I am connected by HDMI on Input 3 eARC. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

PKblue

From what I have read, it is a limitation of Android TV which downsamples things to 16 bit 44.1khz. Sony claims that certain TVs can do 24bit for FLAC or WAV files, but in general it can’t handle 24bit.

However, apparently the latest version of Android TV now includes an ability to bypass the downsampling and pass through the full bitstream via eARC, and people have got this to work on the nvidia shield. But it would require Sony to support the latest Android version, including supporting that feature, and issue a firmware update - I wouldn’t hold my breath for that to happen anytime soon though!

Alternatively, apparently the latest Fire TV sticks can output Amazon music in 24bit and this would hopefully go via eARC without Android TV messing with it, but I don’t know for sure.

PK

raznaran

Novice Member
I have the latest Sony Google TV. It is supposed to support 24 bit.
Is there a setting tha5 needs to be changed?
I have no problem with Atmos.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom