Loss of surround sound when switching sources on Yamaha amp

Maughan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have a Yamaha RX-V767 amp.

When I switch the amp on, and a 5.1 source is selected (eg PS3 or SkyHD), I get 5.1 output (and the display shows that I have 5.1 speakers in operation). All fine so far.

However, if I then change sources (either via the remote or using the selector on the amp itself), I lose all sound through the amp and it reverts to sound out of the TV speakers, ie the amp is on, the correct source is showing in the amp's display but the amp is not producing surround sound (and the display does not show the little numbered boxes to reflect full speaker output). I have to turn the amp off and then back on again to get 5.1 surround sound from the newly selected source. :thumbsdow

I have both sources (PS3 and SkyHD) connected by HDMI and optical (video/audio respectively) but this also happened when I just had HDMI connections (ie for both video and audio).

Otherwise, the amp works great.

I have tried every combination of settings I can think of but I just cannot work out why the amp behaves like this when switching sources!

Can anyone please suggest a reason and/or a remedy?!

Thanks! :smashin:

I would guess this is probably something to do with hdmi control and would try turning it off to see if it resolves your problem.

I tried changing HDMI Control to "off" and it seems to have done the trick.

Thank you! :smashin:

Fantastic help from this forum, once again. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom