Loss of sound after recent update

jcol5786

Novice Member
Hello - I have an LG 60UK6090PUA TV which had been working fine. About 4 nights ago an update available message appeared on the screen. I initiated the update and immediately after it completed I discovered that now I had no sound. The TV was set to HDMI 1 input which is the input I use for my TV providers box. I checked all of the sound settings and nothing has been changed but still no sound. I moved my box to HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 and these both have sound. All of the apps such as Amazon and Netflix also have sound - just not HDM 1. I'm convinced that the update did something to the HDMI 1 input. The optical out doesn't work either for that input. I've checked all the sound settings, unplugged for 5 minutes and still nothing. I phoned LG support and they suggested doing a reset to initial settings which I really don't want to do as I will lose all my picture settings. LG said if that doesn't fix it I'll need a service call. I don't want to pay for a service call to fix something an update did. Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

Thanks

jcol5786

Novice Member
Hello - Fixed it. Looks like the update added HDMI ULTRA HD DEEP Color. This is found under Picture - Additional Settings. It says the option can be turned off and on for each HDMI input. It states that if your input device does not support this feature it may not work properly. I guess that means no sound. The inputs 2 and 3 were off but HDMI 1 the feature was turned on which I assume is because that was the active input during the update. As soon as I turned the Deep Color off for HDMI 1 the sound returned. Didn't notice any change in the picture. Sort of a pain but I'm glad I figured it out without doing the reset. Hope this helps someone.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom