loss of sky channels

mansell

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys , I keep loosing channels , the ones that keep going are Sky Sports 1,2 and 3 , Channel 5 and history channel. Checking the below web site I notice that all are on 2B South.

Does this point to a problem with my dish ?

My signal strength is 2/3 and quality about 4/5

Any advice ?

I got sky coming out this Saturday

http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

I've notice that sky ports 1 ,2 ,3 and Channel 5 are on the same freq and sid.

dish problem ?

i noticed yesterday that ITV has vanished from my Sky box. Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Ive got all the ITV regions stored as extra channels however, but it would be good to have it back on channel 103.

This happened to my Father-in-laws Grundig box, a soft boot sorted it out and now he has all his channels back.

* Remove Viewing Card
* Switch off from the mains
* Wait 20 secs
* Switch mains back on
* Wait 1minute
* Switch digi box on
* Wait for onscreen message "Insert viewing Card"

Hope this helps.

thanks for that, would you believe that I have a Grundug box as well ...

I did notice yesterday that when I removed the card (whilst it was on) nothing happened, no message or anything

does this mean that something is wrong ????

by the way ,it's the signal I'm loosing ,I still get the channel number and synopsis

Besides channels being lost, ITV and a couple of others, the "No satellite signal" appeared on a few channels as well, plus a couple of other little faults.

A soft re-boot normally clears the boxes memory and restores everything, if the problem persists then you may have to call the engineer out, more often than not it's a problem with the box itself.

nice one bob007, that soft boot of the Grundig box worked a treat :D

I performed a soft reboot last night and all was ok

but this morning I could not get ITV,Ch4 and some other channels

Will wait and see what the sky eng says on Saturday when he comes out

Came in tonight, bloody skys gone bananas!! Half the screen green no sign of sky. I flicked channel on remote, screen flickered then a Matrix like line of bands ran from top to bottom of screen.
Switched box off at mains, took sky card out and tried system again....Phew all ok ! What the hell caused this?
I nearly sh.t as i thought my rear pro set had died :eek:

fyi

the sky bloke came out on sat and fixed my problem

it was a faulty LNB

Yep me too... Upgraded to V2 box (as original V1, one of the first at Sky+ launch can't seem to cope with all the new functionality over the last year or so) and a 200GB disk. All was great for one week, then I got the "Green Matrix", which a reboot did recover from. Anyone else seen this...? Martian1's name for this is ideal - a pure green display with large pixilation smudging running from top to bottom in blocks... Very freaky!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom