1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loss of itv channel

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by p.booth, Mar 14, 2005.

1. p.booth

p.booth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Can someone help me identify the cause of a prob with reception on sky.
    We have sky +in my cinema room and sky digitalin the lounge. Yeaterday a break up of itv was noticed and heard on sky + in my cinema room. Late evening it dissappeared altogether.Itwas ok in the lounge. No other channel is affected.
    This morning it has dissappeared on both boxes.M y gut feeling is there is something wrong with the lnb,but surely that would mean more than itv would be affected.

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I cannot get any ITV channel or Channel4 on my Sony Freeview box. I suspect they shutdown a transmitter somewhere and I would need a better aerial to get them again. Mine has been like this for about 2 months though so it could be unrelated to your problem.

3. p.booth

p.booth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Any help anyone? Should I replace Quad LNB with a new one???

4. isolationuk

isolationuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same thing happend yesterday afternoon, got my old sky box out of the garage, hooked it up and all channels are available now? Will re-try the Amstroid box again later and see if they are back.

5. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +712
    ITV are in the process of adding more regional transponders and switching them around.
    This could easily result in may folk getting a weaker signal on their default ITV channel.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

6. _Dom_

_Dom_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hopefully this explains why all my other channels on my tv are fine but itv is currently fuzzy and retuning doesn't do anything.

7. durandal

durandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never been able to get any itv channel, channel 4 or 5 since getting my freeview box. tried a different box with same result. installed new aerial, but no joy. get excellent signal strength on most channels. any ideas?