Loss of Audyssey Indication, 3806 A/V Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mobbsc2000, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Mobbsc2000

Mobbsc2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have a 3806 AV receiver

I had just completed the Auto Set up on this receiver and was playing a DVD on my 2910 hooked to the receiver, scrolling througth the Audyssey settings, that is Audyssey, front and flat

For reasons I dont understand, the receiver suddenly lost the Green Audyssey light, just the red ones for front and flat now works

Audyssey still selects on the OSD, but shows a red light

I am at a loss to understand what setting is preventing the green light from appearing

Somebodys help would be much appreciated to solve my problem

2. Gary_W

Gary_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi

If you tweak ANY of the settings within the calibration (such as crossover frequency for a particular set of speakers, turn the sub up a touch etc) then the Audyssey light goes red. The Audyssey is still working, but the light goes red just to tell you that its not got the same settings that it calibrated to.

Don't panic. If it sounds good and you are happy with your changes, go with it. If you don't think you've changed anything and it bothers you then your only real hope of getting it back to green is to recalibrate and then not tinker.

Personally, I found adjustments of crossovers were needed after the Audyssey calibration, so it's red lights all the way for me. As long as it sounds good, I manage not to worry about it ;)

Gary

3. Mobbsc2000

Mobbsc2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks Gary