1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing my sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Wincut, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Wincut

Wincut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected my CD, DVD, and other componants to my Denon 3803 using the Digital optical connections, then all of a sudden this will stop working so I connect to another optical Digital imput then this works for a while then the same happens.
    I am fast running out of Digital imputs,can anyone help? :oops:

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    Are your digital inputs "assignable"? If so (probably are) check that they are assigned to the correct source.

Have you tried using the coaxial digital inputs? ...might be another option.

Finally, dont automatically assume that using the digital connection from the cd player to the amp is the best option - if your cd is a decent one, you might get a better sound using the analogue connections.

3. Wincut

Wincut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Roohster 2
    yes I have assigned the componants, and they seem to work well for a month or two then no sound, I have checked and they still seem to be assigned ok, so i assign to another imput and they work?

I have also used the coax imputs but now they wont work, in fact the only way I can get sound from the CD isto assign it to the DVD coax imputs?
    Do you think I should reset the whole amp and reasign everything or is my amp ready for the scrapheap, bearing in mind its only 13months old tommorrow!!!!

4. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    Try a complete reset, if that doesnt help it may well be a faulty amp...sorry I have no idea why the inputs should work ok for a couple of monthes then disappear.