• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Losing game saves?

stevie_2000

So I've had my ps4 since launch and all 3 of the full price games I have got for it have had issues with losing my saves. I've been gaming since the 8bit days on almost everything since the c64 and never had a save lost till I got the ps4. Getting pretty fed up as I don't get much time to play now-days and redoing chunks of games feels like a waste of my little gaming time.

Oswald

I certainly lost single-player progress in Battlefield 4 a couple of times before Christmas. Not sure if this is still a problem and whether it was a Sony PS4 problem or Battlefield 4 one. I haven't tried single-player again since as it was so irritating.

Hopefully others will comment here if they've had problems with other games...

stevie_2000

I had the problem with battlefield 4 that lots of people had, uninstaling it and my save and re installing sorted it for me.
Need for Speed would lose my last auto save I got round it by making it save twice in a row before shutting down.
I got thief at the weekend. It was OK for a bit but after getting killed the game took me back to a old auto save. Now even if I go through multiple save points I'm taken back to that point. So it's impossible to make any progress unless I do it in one sitting without dying.
All the ps+ freebies have been fine however. Except resogun and dead rising sometimes have a message in the upload area saying could not upload save as data has already been uploaded from another ps4.
Do people think my console is at fault? I have tried initializing my console but it hasn't helped.

Oswald

No, I highly doubt is has anything to do with your particular console.

Lestat_11

I had the problem with battlefield 4 that lots of people had, uninstaling it and my save and re installing sorted it for me.
Need for Speed would lose my last auto save I got round it by making it save twice in a row before shutting down.
I got thief at the weekend. It was OK for a bit but after getting killed the game took me back to a old auto save. Now even if I go through multiple save points I'm taken back to that point. So it's impossible to make any progress unless I do it in one sitting without dying.
All the ps+ freebies have been fine however. Except resogun and dead rising sometimes have a message in the upload area saying could not upload save as data has already been uploaded from another ps4.
Do people think my console is at fault? I have tried initializing my console but it hasn't helped.
I get that message if I have moved the ps4 to a different room / ethernet cable if you go to notifications uploads you can manually up load the last save from there and it will give you the option of keeping the save plus all ready has or over righting it with the new save

a thicker plot

Standard Member
I've also just encountered this with Thief, been playing from day 1 but it's not saving tonight, so I don't think you have a console problem either

stevie_2000

Apparently there is bug in thief that is not letting the game load saves from 1st April onwards, so I get dumped back to a save made in March. At least I know I my ps4 is not at fault, but pretty sorry state of affairs that all 3 games I brought are this buggy.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom