Losing end of ITV Freeview recordings

kdp99

Using Humax 500, in Southampton, last 2 episodes of Belgravia have cut off a minute or 2 before the end, I do not record much of ITV, but other channels do not show this problem. Anyone else have this issue ?

Thanks

mikej

Are you able to automatically pad (extend) your recordings ?

I have my Humax PVR set to add 5 minutes every time.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Agreed.
Same on freesat (in Anglia at least).

ITV Accurate Record playout isn't even running on clock time as the recording was 59 minutes long not 60.

ITV Hub as a last resort? or other less legal sources.

I suspect the 'stay home announcements' before the programme are the root cause of it?

Not sure I've seen any issues on other ITV recordings though (e.g. Good Karma Hospital, Paul O'Grady) although we may be a week behind on those?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Same on Freeview (Bilsdale) and Freesat -- ITVHD in both cases. Last week's Good Karma and Belgravia recordings failed due to the Queen's broadcast to the nation, and this week's recordings had the ends chopped off both of them -- a good 2 minutes worth in the case of Belgravia. Luckily for SWMBO, she was watching live on both occasions, but. could see my PVrs stopping well before the end of the broadcasts.

Very poor. I'm going to see if I can complain to ITV. It makes a nonsense of having EPG recording capabilities if the broadcasters break the very thing that you rely on for AR.

Clem

kdp99

Thanks to all for the replies I have added end padding - just thought that the boradcaster should update the 'program over' data if t over runs, the other 3 main channels seem 99% OK at this, only ITV is a mess, and has been for a while.

TJT1

Not long ago there were similar posts about the BBC. So ITV is not unique in this.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I lodged a complaint yesterday, and added padding to this Sunday’s scheduled recordings, but after those we have nothing further that we expect to watch on the ITV channels.

Clem

bogart99

It is not just freeview. On satellite CBS channels a bit out of sync. Have needed to increase the recording time by 3 minutes which seems to work.

TJT1

They ALL make cock ups with the start/end signals from time to time. It's just that some do it more frequently than others. Complain to the specific broadcaster. It's them that's screwing things up, not your boxes.