Lord of the Rings

OMG!!! a 3 and half hour cut of lord of the rings! I play a round of golf faster than that! Is that not pushing the boat out just a little bit? Was this not supposed to be a children film originally? how many kids (or even adults) can pay attention that long!!!???

ad

It seems that EiV the distributor is doing some interesting things with this release. 2 disc set gets DD EX but 4 disc set also gets DTS ES. Which may be worth the wait. Hopefully a mate of mine will get the 2 disc set so I can borrow whilst waiting for the extended DTS version.

Seems R1 wont provide any benefits over R2 with either version apart from...

Check out the report here on http://www.dvddebate.com/index.php

Which says the BBFC will not change the certificate of a film just because it has a different cut. So if the extra 30 mins on the extended version prove to "difficult" EiV will have to cut the extended version to meet the same certificate level as the theatrical version.

R1 here we come.
Rog

Sounds like a good night in.
Also sounds like a pizza and munchies and some beer time.
The extra half hour will be welcome by some, unloved by others.

I did hear rumours of a distinctly children unfriendly version sitting around somewhere, after Peter Jackson decided the SFX and make-up teams ought to earn their money the hard way! Here's hoping!! Don't forget - he's still a splatterhouse director at heart, and his one of his oncoming projects is Bad Taste 2!!

Not sure I should admit this but I've been watching LOTRs on DVD now for last 3 weeks and in 5.1. It has a v v v good picture.

This message will self destruct in 20 seconds....

Originally posted by rnjones
Seems R1 wont provide any benefits over R2

Just a personal opinion, but I wouldn't touch an EIV DVD with a ten foot barge pole! All the EIV discs I have seen are inferior to the region 1 versions - Ok, Fight Club is a Fox disc, but take Se7en for example; not a patch on the Region 1!

Lex.

Not sure I should admit this but I've been watching LOTRs on DVD now for last 3 weeks and in 5.1. It has a v v v good picture.

So have I, you get used to the banner after a few viewings and the 5.1 test at the start is quite good.

Incidentally, the banner states that your copy is illegal if you have bought or rented it. I was given my copy so it appears I'm doing nothing illegal.

Or am I?... (cue spooky music)

I shall enjoy sitting down with a 6 pack, 2 bags of popcorn and a few friends that loved the flick. Provided the price isn;t ludicrous I would rather get 3 hours than 2 anyday, but I assume they will have the common sense to provide the cinema cut as well. Not sure my life is long enough to fit in the Directors commentary too!

Originally posted by michaelm

I was given my copy so it appears I'm doing nothing illegal.

Or am I?... (cue spooky music) [/B]

I hope this is the case, Im just borrowing it for a while. I still propbably buy it at the end of the day.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom