The Rings of Power (Amazon Prime) Season 1

Wow 31-disc set

The box set comes with a 64-page booklet full of costumes, photographs, and production notes from the six-film saga, art cards, travel posters, the original Cannes Film Festival presentation reel, footage from the Alamo Drafthouse reunion, and a collectible slipcase that transforms into multiple display configurations.

98465F2C-BCE3-434D-8E49-7E334064C601.jpeg

Last edited:
So is this using characters from various books? Or just filling in the gaps with artistic license?

Other than Galadriel etc do we know the names of the characters and are they Tolkien creations or Amazon's?
The season is to focus largely on the 2nd Age, which is very rich and has great potential.

Characters we are likely to see include:
Galadriel
Celeborn
Gil-galad
Celebrimbor
Sauron (as Annatar, Lord of Gifts)
Elrond
Cirdan
Celebrian
Ar-Pharazon
Elendil
Isildur
Anarion
Valandil

I could go. Everyone of those listed has an epic story, largely interwoven with each other.

Been announced as a partnership between him and Bear McCreary. He did Black Sails, Outlander and God of War.

Strange the Deadline report failed to highlight Bears’ possible involvement, The OneRing.net mentions McCreary it but it’s not an official announcement, anything could change by the time work beings on the series. Fan of Bear’s works, it’s possible he could be tied down to movie projects, so hope it works out for both.

I’m so looking forward to seeing what they can do here. I hope they don’t feel too duty bound to try and emulate, or build upon, PJ’s body of work. Although Jackson’s work was mightily impressive, I didn’t wholly appreciate the lack of reverence given at times. And, although the butt of many a joke these days, I actually thought that Ralph Bakshi’s 1978 animation much better captured the essence, and spirit of Tolkien’s world and work. Cannot wait to visit Middle Earth again.

The intro sequence in fellowship with Cate B’s voiceover is one of my fave moments in cinema & something I watch and listen to now and again just for that sequence…I DO like this new actress but wow that voice just doesn’t compare does it?

I WAS super excited by this new LOTR but with so much gash being released these days I’m starting to get worried…I feel it’s gonna be more wheel of time than lord of the rings…but I really hope to be proven wrong.

Set thousands of years before Frodo and Sam’s journey to destroy the One Ring, the series will start as the elf leader Galadriel hunts down the remaining Morgoth’s minions who still hide in the shadows. The Rings of Power stars Morfydd Clark as Galadriel, Robert Aramayo as Alrond, and Maxim Baldry as Isildur.

Last edited:
Can't really tell from the teaser but it was a bit underwhelming imo. I will definitely watch the series though.

One minute of footage is all I needed to see how they have destroyed Tolkien's work, is that hard for Hollywood to just adapt what is written?

Americans shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near Tolkien’s body of work. They just don’t get it. My suspension of disbelief gets immediately shattered when I see they’ve cast loads of heart throb-type teens. It’s a real pity, because the production values look to be of an exceptionally high standard. I’ll probably watch it, and just cast aside any notion that it represents JRRT in any shape or form.

Yes the direction they appear to have gone does appear eye-rollingly familiar; as a result this feels like 'just another fantasy show' rather than something properly immersive and special. I'm very grateful the Peter Jackson trilogy was made when it was, so we'll always have that to fall back on if this turns out to be a dud.

i thought that looked alright - too early to write off and not enough to get excited about... im still in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom