1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord Of The Rings Special Edition 4 Disc Set

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mcmlx1, Jul 27, 2002.

1. mcmlx1

mcmlx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LO THERE..CAN ANYONE OUT THERE SHED A LIGHT ON THE IMMINENT RELEASE OF A 4 DISC SPECIAL EDITION BOX SET OF L.O.T.R.?...SAW THE FILM AT THE LOCAL FLEAPIT...ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT...WANT TO BUY IT SO BADLY TO SEE AGAIN..BUT WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR A CRACKING SET,THAN BUY IT TWICE ?...ANY KNOWLEDGE OUT THERE?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please remeber you arent really being conned into buying the same thing twice.

none of the extras on the 2 disc release are on the 4 disc release. and the 2 disc release is the theatrical cut only whereas the 4 disc set will ONLY have the extended cut spread over two discs - I think they've done an excellent job with mamnaging FOTR's dvd release, and I'd certainnly like to own the theatrical cut as well as the extended - for when I dont have time for the extra 30mins+ in the extended version.

Check out www.theonering.net

3. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The important thing is....will the R2 version have DTS 6.1 ES as advertised for the R1 version ???????

4. Russtavo

Russtavo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes it certainly will have DTS-ES. Sadly if you're looking at the Collectors Edition, the R2 set will be missing the Decipher trading cards and the National Geographic DVD - how poor is that? Might aswell go for R4 or R1.

I should have my 2-disc DVD on Monday, fingers crossed :cool: