Lord of the Rings - Region 4

R

Robson

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Region 4 version of LOTR- Extended 4 disc version is dual encoded region 2/4 or just region 4.

Some sites say just region 4 and others say 2/4 like EzyDVD

Has anybody bought it who can confirm?

Thanks

Lux

Standard Member
well according to Michealdvd.com.au it is dual encoded. But they also write this:
The bad news first - the same ill-advised pitch correction that was applied to the theatrical version of the DVD is present on the Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks of this film. The DTS soundtrack's extra resolution makes the artefacts from this process more obvious, with dropouts and pops being noticed at 14:19, 29:20, 39:38, and 75:26 on Disc One. A subtle dropout was also noticed at 46:57 on Disc Two, which was also quite noticeable on the Dolby Digital soundtrack. The Dolby Digital soundtrack also featured a series of quick pop-like sounds at 65:10 that I didn't remember hearing in the DTS soundtrack. While individual sensitivity is a factor in whether this artefact will bother you, my own insensitive hearing and the fact that I heard dropouts or stepping frequently in both soundtracks means it is hard to ignore
Now I cannot confirm this as I haven't got the disc, it may also just be that they are very picky and most won't notice. Best have someone who actually owns the disc to confirm/deny this.
HTH

CWB

Standard Member
Oggy, Oggy, Oggy! Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Oggy! Wrong!

Oggy! Wrong!

Oggy, Oggy, Oggy! Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Sorry. I couldn't resist that opportunity. ;-)

R2 & R4 are different regions and just because a player can play R2 does not mean it can play R4. Some DVDs are encoded for both R2 & R4, though.

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by Robson
others say 2/4 like EzyDVD
Note that you can't buy it from EzyDVD as they will only ship the R4 EE to Australian customers (unless you know somebody in Oz who would post it on to you :p).

groundy

Standard Member
Originally posted by Squirrel God
Note that you can't buy it from EzyDVD as they will only ship the R4 EE to Australian customers (unless you know somebody in Oz who would post it on to you :p).
Not true Squirrel ;). They will only ship the Extended Edition 5 Disc Set to Australian Customers. The 4 Disc Set can be shipped anywhere but incurs a $20 shipping & insurance fee:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/221453/id=RYIPk:2OsjE

S

Squirrel God

Didn't read that he was referring to the 4 disk :blush: I saw EE and assumed the one with the bookends as I don't know why anyone would want to buy the R4 4 disk EE when cd-wow do both the R1 and R2 4-disks so cheap :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom