• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lord of the rings on HD-DVD

inzaman

Awesome .... Although the red tinted HD-DVD cases look extra-lame.

Lame, they look crap imo. Awesome news though just need a date now; oh yeah and a player :rolleyes:

T800

Prominent Member
Obviously the EE version boxes photoshopped onto HD-DVD cases.

Jaymzee

Established Member
These could be the films that make me buy a HD DVD player....

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I would have thought that the LOTR trilogy would have been the first HD-DVDs to come out.

Given the huge popularity of the films it would have sold a load of players on its own.

Great to hear it's due soon. Hopefully in time for when more 360 HD-DVD drives have landed from the moon.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Obviously the EE version boxes photoshopped onto HD-DVD cases.

exactly. no date mentioned whatsoever, so this is not news I'm afraid.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I would have thought that the LOTR trilogy would have been the first HD-DVDs to come out.

Yeah me too, I thought it strange that Kong came along first, whereas LOTR is still nowhere in sight. :confused:

T800

Prominent Member
I'm sure Toshiba would love for LOTR to be released very soon because it would sell lots of players. New Line on the other hand would make more once lots more players have been sold.

I just hope when it is released it's the EE versions but it probably won't be.:(

T800

Prominent Member

miceri

Established Member
Are we allowed to mention Blu-Ray, Nail and Coffin in the same sentence here, or is that too off-topic :rotfl: .

As said, could be the film that makes me (& others) buy a HD-DVD machine.

Sonic67

Banned
All 3 films on 1 disk? Hmmm.

I don't think so. They might do them seperate to hype it up more or maybe more money could be made that way. I think a box set looks like you are getting more than just one disk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom