1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord of the Rings - Jackson

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Desticado, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ok ok ok.
    Im keen I admit it.... BUT

Anyone have any ideas when this movie will be released on DVD?

Im not particularly desperate but I have this growing fear inside of me that it will be released next Christmas to coincide with the release of Part II: The Two Towers...

Althougth this will probably become my longest wait for a DVD ever if I have to wait for the 'collectors Edition" that you just now will come out in 3 years time once all the movies have been released....

Also whats the thinking that Jackson does a Lucas and goes back to film the Prequil.... "The Hobbit"

Has to be good for a bet.

2. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently the DVD will be released in the UK around July or August, not sure about the states but I expect they will get it around the same time if not earlier. This will be the cinematic version.

In November though PJ is going to release a directors cut on DVD which is going to add another 40-45 minutes to the film and is expected to be a 2 or 3 disc special edition. They are releasing it around November to remind everyone about the next film coming out.

The directors cut does sound cool but I do not know if I will be able to wait that long before I see the film again and will probably end up buying both along with the box set that is sure to come out when all three films have been released.

I am a marketing mans dream when it comes to LOTR!!!

I also think both will have trailers for the TTT as well.

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Buy the first disc in July and then sell it on Ebay in October...

I sell on quite a lot of my discs on there.
    In fact it amazes me that sometimes people will more on there than it cost me to originally buy the disc.

Go figure

4. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    But why would you want to sell it at all? I am yet to sell a single DVD.

Lord of the Rings is available on DVD now if you're really desparate, but you'll need to be extremely friendly with someone in the industry.

*whistles innocently*

5. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    you can get one now form Singapore for about £4 if you fancy a DVD-Ram disk but its not the same.

As for selling a disk i've sold several. Movies that were really ****e. plus why keep an inferior version of a DVD if you already have a better one.

I mainly sell older versions when a better one becomes apparant.
    Plus I also decreed when i started buying DVD's that I would only buy movies that I considered to be a Difinitive version.
    So no cruddy disks with ****e Extras.