Lord alive!

J

juboy

Anyone else been sent/seen the new REL brochure?

From similar-ish experience, I have an idea of how much something like that would have cost to put together, print and distribute... and it certainly isn't cheap.

Although I am a REL owner, I'm now becoming increasingly worried about the percentage of the purchase price that goes towards advertising and marketing rather than R&D.

Like Bose did a few years ago and we know where that led to......:rolleyes: . Perhaps a letter to the MD voicing your concerns?

Originally posted by Nobber22
Perhaps a letter to the MD voicing your concerns?

Like he'd care... I'm only a customer after all :(

Still thinking about selling off the Q150 on eBay and trading up to one of Uncle Eric's Velodyne CHT10s.

I got one of these the other day - the seperate cards for each Sub are a nice touch but I know what you mean. The Gallo booklet is also very nicely done but is about have the size to begin with.

I wish they would make as much effort on their 'photocopied' instruction booklets !

Originally posted by common
I wish they would make as much effort on their 'photocopied' instruction booklets !

Ahh, but by the time you've got that in your hands, you've ALREADY spent the money. Big difference :)

Originally posted by common

Why? Who cares? An instruction manual is there to fulfill a purpose, if they spend more on it then you will end up paying the price.

Originally posted by Smurfin
Why? Who cares? An instruction manual is there to fulfill a purpose,

It's also part of a product and brand that you've just spent £350 and upwards on... it'd be nice to think they'd treat their customers to a half decent manual... especially when the brochures are so extravagant.

Which is why I agree with Common's post.

So you don't mind paying an extra fiver or tenner for a glossy instruction manual?

It only goes in the cupboard once you've read it....

Originally posted by Smurfin
So you don't mind paying an extra fiver or tenner for a glossy instruction manual?

An extra £1 or £2 for a nice 4 page manual... yes.

An extra £5 or £6 for a nice 20 page brochure... no.

Fairly simple really.

yeah but it never works out at £1 or £2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom