Lord alive!

J

juboy

Anyone else been sent/seen the new REL brochure?

From similar-ish experience, I have an idea of how much something like that would have cost to put together, print and distribute... and it certainly isn't cheap.

Although I am a REL owner, I'm now becoming increasingly worried about the percentage of the purchase price that goes towards advertising and marketing rather than R&D.

Nobber22

Like Bose did a few years ago and we know where that led to......:rolleyes: . Perhaps a letter to the MD voicing your concerns?

J

juboy

Originally posted by Nobber22
Perhaps a letter to the MD voicing your concerns?

Like he'd care... I'm only a customer after all :(

Still thinking about selling off the Q150 on eBay and trading up to one of Uncle Eric's Velodyne CHT10s.

groundy

Standard Member
I got one of these the other day - the seperate cards for each Sub are a nice touch but I know what you mean. The Gallo booklet is also very nicely done but is about have the size to begin with.

J

juboy

Originally posted by common
I wish they would make as much effort on their 'photocopied' instruction booklets !

Ahh, but by the time you've got that in your hands, you've ALREADY spent the money. Big difference :)

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by common
I wish they would make as much effort on their 'photocopied' instruction booklets !

Why? Who cares? An instruction manual is there to fulfill a purpose, if they spend more on it then you will end up paying the price.

J

juboy

Originally posted by Smurfin
Why? Who cares? An instruction manual is there to fulfill a purpose,

It's also part of a product and brand that you've just spent £350 and upwards on... it'd be nice to think they'd treat their customers to a half decent manual... especially when the brochures are so extravagant.

Which is why I agree with Common's post.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
So you don't mind paying an extra fiver or tenner for a glossy instruction manual?

It only goes in the cupboard once you've read it....

J

juboy

Originally posted by Smurfin
So you don't mind paying an extra fiver or tenner for a glossy instruction manual?

An extra £1 or £2 for a nice 4 page manual... yes.

An extra £5 or £6 for a nice 20 page brochure... no.

Fairly simple really.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom