• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Loosing Freeview Chanels

bobbina

Standard Member
Hi
Can anybody help, Yesterday I lost nearly ALL my channels including all ITV's,C4,5 etc in my freeview, expect BBC channels.
This been going on since last month, but every time I retune i keep loosing.
This is ridiculous.
Plz help :(
Thank you
My postcode is NG1 1AS

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Hi and welcome to the forums... It's poor etiquette to post the same question twice, if possible please delete the duplicate.

The postcode you give seems to be for a massive apartment block in Huntingdon Street, Nottingham.

If so, are you using the communal aerial? or your own set-top aerial?

Have you checked your aerial connections are plugged in firmly?

Have you asked if your neighbours are having similar reception problems?

Gavtech

Administrator
I have removed the other post.

bobbina

Standard Member
I'm Sorry, Im pretty new at this.
But for the past 4 months, i'm loosing channels.. Yes ur right, i live in an apartment block & have a communal aerial, few people are facing the similar problems. But not all.
The building manager had called in an AV engineer & had the aerial chked. According to him after the switchover it works fine.
But i only get the BBC channels.. :(
This is quite distressing, I figure after a month I might loose all my channels :'(

Gavtech

Administrator
I'm Sorry, Im pretty new at this.
But for the past 4 months, i'm loosing channels.. Yes ur right, i live in an apartment block & have a communal aerial, few people are facing the similar problems. But not all.
The building manager had called in an AV engineer & had the aerial chked. According to him after the switchover it works fine.
But i only get the BBC channels.. :(
This is quite distressing, I figure after a month I might loose all my channels :'(

Welcome to the forum.
There is no need for distress. Systematic action is what is required.

Are you using any devices which have an HDMI lead connected to the TV?

If so, temporarily disconnect all HDMI leads and rescan again. Faulty HDMI leads can knock some or many freeview multiplexes [ Channel groups ].

If you get channels back under these circumstances then you require a new HDMI lead

If this is not the issue, then whatever the outcome there is one important thing to say - If there are occasions when you can receive all your channels, and subsequently some disappear - DO NOT RESCAN for channels.

Channel positions are held by channel place-holders. If a channel disappears because the signal strength has fallen below the required level , for any reason, they will return when the signal strength rises again.
However , if you scan when the signal is too low then the channel will not be found and the place-holder is lost, so even if the signal strength later improves, the channel will not return.... until you scan again when it is available.

Check the flylead from socket to TV , by substitution if possible.

If none of the above is the issue, get back to the building manager and try to arrange for the AV engineer to come to your residence so that you can demonstrate that the installation does not work fine.

bobbina

Standard Member
Hi,
Thanks for your advice. My TV uses a Scart Cable connection from my freeview-box.
Since the past 3-months, there are no occasions when i recieved all the channels together.
I dont have a substitue flycable, but my bbc channels are very clear. I dont know if that helps. But if you suggest I try another cable, i'll do so. :)

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,
Thanks for your advice. My TV uses a Scart Cable connection from my freeview-box.
Since the past 3-months, there are no occasions when i recieved all the channels together.
I dont have a substitue flycable, but my bbc channels are very clear. I dont know if that helps. But if you suggest I try another cable, i'll do so. :)

Yes - Do try another flylead.

Digital channels receive-ability depends on the signal strength being above a critical level.
If above that level, the signal will be essentially perfect in terms of clarity ... but if below that level, then you receive nothing.

There can be many reasons for this but first you should check the simple things like flyleads which can introduce unwanted attenuation of the signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom